IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I am harrased by UKPC and they are not providing Popla reference

12346»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    L3l3lee said:
    @fisherjim thanks for the thread, to clarify. I am not the keeper and both companies are going after the keeper. 

In the case of UKPC, they wrote to the keeper, which was never received. I appealed the fine, after the keeper received the debt collectors notice 48 days after the alleged contravention , letting UKPC know that I was the driver, the appeal was denied on the basis that I was late.

The keeper also wrote them to notify them that I was the driver and asked the to communicate with me going forward. The keeper never received the original PPC and only received the debt collectors letter which arrived 48 days after the alleged contravention.

I will open a separate thread for the CUP and keep this for UKPC as it was originally intended.

Can I clarify that despite the keeper writing to UKPC to notify them that I was the driver they will still proceed to issue a court claim to the keeper? 
    They might but legally cannot, as long as the keeper gave your name AND postal address? They've definitely transferred liability.

Therefore it Is GREAT if they do claim against the keeper - bring it on!  The keeper could counterclaim for data abuse & try for £300.  Which if pleaded well, they could get.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback