IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I am harrased by UKPC and they are not providing Popla reference

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,195 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 November 2023 at 2:11AM
    You can't respond. Keeper does. Why are you thinking of throwing away the fact the keeper can't be held liable in law? 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    L3l3lee said:
    Can anyone please advice, I have got the second notification from CUP to pay £100 to the keeper of the vehicle however I am the driver and would go to court if needed. Do I need to appeal the ticket to notify CUP that I am the driver and the correspondence should be addressed to me ?  
    You posted a copy of the CUP NtK on @Coupon-mad's NtK Pictures thread. It is clearly not PoFA compliant, so why would you want the registered keeper to transfer liability to you as the driver, when he/she can never be held liable by CUP?  Makes no sense, sorry. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • L3l3lee
    L3l3lee Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 27 November 2023 at 1:46AM
    @Coupon-mad thanks for the feedback. This means do nothing at the moment right? What does the not compliant part mean? 
  • Umkomaas
    edited 26 November 2023 at 9:11PM
    What does the not complaint part mean? 
    It's not 'not complaint', it's 'not compliant'. Two different words and meaning, my immediately preceding post ant 12:11pm yesterday explains why. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Umkomaas
    After responding above, I'm quite confused (doesn't take much these days!), is this thread about a UKPC PCN or a CUP one. It can't (shouldn't] be about both.  @L313lee please clear this up. If it's about the former PCN (UKPC), you need to start a new thread about the latter (CUP), please. Running both on this one thread will confuse other regulars, I'm sure, just not me, leading to you potentially receiving confused advice.

• @Umkomaas apologies for the confusion, it's the newbie error I guess. For clarity. The thread is about UKPC however I got a CUP notice as well and asked for advice on the same thread. I will take note in future and start a new thread.

UKPC denied all my appeals on the basis that I appealed late despite the fact that I did not get nay notification from them prior to the letters from thier debt collectors and would not provide a Popla number so I am just waiting for further feedback or waiting for them to take me to court. 
  • L3l3lee
    First Post Name Dropper
    Hi everyone, I need some advice please. Both UKPC and CUP have now responded to me. 

UKPC 

UKPC have issued a letter of claim to the keeper of the vehicle, I have indicated to UKPC on several occasions that I was the driver of the vehicle however the letter of claim has been issued to the Keeper. A recap of the UKPC fine is that I never received the ticket  and only received the debt collectors letter 48days after the alleged contravention. They denied all my appeals by saying I missed the time to appeal and should pay £170.  What actions do I need to take now. The letter of claim is dated 31/01/24 and I have 30 days to respond. 

CUP 

CUP have Sent the keeper a third an final demand from their debt collectors, so far I haven't responded to them and they claim it will count against me in court. Recap. I parked in a side street or drive  and the notice was hidden behind a bin by CUP, no other signs were visible and they charged me for parking on private land. The 7 days to respond to CUP has now passed. By the time I received the letter like 5 days had already passed from the date of issue. 

Apologies for posting two issues on the same thread once again and I thank you all I advance. 

It feels like harassment, I am being harrased to pay the fines so the problems that they manufactured can go away. Please help 

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 February at 7:27PM
    This whole thread is a complete mess now, just like Umko I am totally confused!
    Two incidents two PPC's on the same thread.
    But both incidents seem to be suffering from a similar communication problem.
    You keep saying "I have received letters, the keeper has received letters, I am the driver etc etc!
    Are you the driver and not the keeper?
    If you didn't get letters in a timely manner is it because the keeper didn't tell the PPC's you were the driver?
    As I understand it you are too late to appeal either and the keeper should have communicated with the PPC as soon as the letters started coming, however with the CUP one the driver should not be identified as (like their parent company APCOA) they don't use The PoFA so can't hold the keeper liable.
    However these are both at the ignore stage as they are with powerless debt collectors, and can be ignored until a court claim comes through, which is likely with UKPC as this is their new scare them to the wire tactic, but not so likely with the Muppets at CUP.
    Once again please take note from previous advice a PPC cannot issue a "fine" these are invoices, and they might be annoying idiots but debt collectors are in a business to pressurise for payment, the accusation of harassment won't get you anywhere.
    But I might be so confused I am talking cobblers phew!!!

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Totally agree @fisherjim.

@L3l3lee, back in November it was suggested that you keep these two problems separate and on 27 November 2023 at 9:36AM you told us...
    L3l3lee said:
    @Umkomaas apologies for the confusion, it's the newbie error I guess. For clarity. The thread is about UKPC however I got a CUP notice as well and asked for advice on the same thread. I will take note in future and start a new thread.

But you seem to have forgotten all that, as in your next post on this thread you say:
    L3l3lee said:
    Apologies for posting two issues on the same thread once again and I thank you all I advance. 
  • L3l3lee
    First Post Name Dropper
    @fisherjim thanks for the thread, to clarify. I am not the keeper and both companies are going after the keeper. 

In the case of UKPC, they wrote to the keeper, which was never received. I appealed the fine, after the keeper received the debt collectors notice 48 days after the alleged contravention , letting UKPC know that I was the driver, the appeal was denied on the basis that I was late. The keeper also wrote them to notify them that I was the drivee and asked the to communicate with me going forward. The keeper never received the original PPC and only received the debt collectors letter which arrived 48 days after the alleged contravention.

I will open a separate thread for the CUP and keep this for UKPC as it was originally intended.

Can I clarify that despite the keeper writing to UKPC to notify them that I was the driver they will still proceed to issue a court claim to the keeper? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback