IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I am harrased by UKPC and they are not providing Popla reference

Hi Everyone 

I got a parking charge notice from a company called ZPSS for a parking charge at a retail park for not parking within the bays asking me to pay £170. ZPSS is a debt collection agency acting on behalf of UKPC, the letter was received 49days after the alleged parking offence.

I appealed to UKPC immediately because in the picture UKPC used as evidence you can see a big vine intruding into the parking bay preventing me from fully parking within the bays. I received a letter back from them saying that I missed the time to appeal and I should pay the fine to ZPSS.

I sent a second appeal explaining that I can't appeal for what I dont know about, asking them to review the appeal. 

I aslo received threats from ZPSS threatening to pass my case to solicitor firm for prosecution. I sent ZPSS a letter saying I just received your letter and didn't get any letter before this and they responded by saying they sent the latter a month before and I should take it up with Royal mail. 

I have since had my 2nd appeal rejected by UKPC for the same reason that my appeal is late, I sent them a 3rd appeal requesting their Popla reference number however they have only responded by saying my appeal is late and I should contact the debt collection agancy. 

A solicitor firm (QDR Solicitors) sent me a letter threatening legal action to which I sent them a letter and called them explaining that I have I requested the Popla reference from UKPC, they agreed to put the issue on hold for 30 days, if I which about 15 days have now elapsed. 

All my appeals have been rejected by UKPC saying its late but I never received any notice from them initially and they now haven't supplied me a Popla reference. I am unsure how to proceed. It feels like I am being bullied into paying the £170. Can you please help me. 

Many thanks in anticipation. 

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,419
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ignore the letters and come back if you get a court claim.  This is the same as all the other ZZPS threads (search for the correct acronym because it's not what you typed).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,925
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    It's not a fine it's an invoice, ZZPS not ZPSS never sent you a PCN they are only debt collectors you should have received the PCN from the idiots at UKPC if you didn't the likely reason is that your car's registered address is wrong with the DVLA have you moved and not told them your new address for the vehicle?
    They won't give you a POPLA code now as they have given it to powerless debt collectors that just want money for old rope.
    Have you read the newbies thread yet on here it is all explained.
    You are now dealing with unregulated scammers that only want money, don't pay them follow the advice on here plan A is a complaint to the store or landowner of the car park.
  • Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,658
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 15 October 2023 at 1:19PM
    This is not harassment. 
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • As Coupon-mad and fisherjim say above.

ZZPS IS THE OSNER SCAM .. named after the owner ..
    OSNER is a BPA member and the BPA approved OSNER to milk as much money from the motorist.  

ZZPS are kissing cousins of QDR, an offshoot of Wright Hassall solicitors who were disgraced a while back with the #hashtag WHOPLA .... another story of the great parking scam

This a game of "pass the parcel" and the end game could be a court claim, which is nothing to worry about, 

The question is ,,, will QDR have the guts to take this to court because UKPC's favourite legal is DCBL....
    QDR will be aware that DCBL have a little hobby and that is to try and scare you and once they realise you are not a mug .... they chicken out and discontinue

AS YOU CAN READ HERE ... MOSTLY UKPC
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6377263/dcb-legal-record-of-private-parking-court-claim-discontinuations/p1

Main reason ..... rubbish UKPC claims

If QDR want to  create their own chicken out farm, we are happy to create a new thread for them

Of course you are being harassed. Going down this route however is difficult and may be costly so forget that

As said you now play the game with these money scammers and wait. Take no notice of ZZPS and other idiot debt collectors. They come from the sewers, let them stay in the sewers

If you get a real court claim come back here

• L3l3lee
    L3l3lee Posts: 20
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thank you all for enlightening me, this is really sad, the time and energy that it takes to defend oneself is enormous and the stress levels when combined with everything going on in life is a lot. How they can continously bully people into choosing between the stress they manufacture and paying them off to go away is just unbelievable to me.

Other than wait for them to take me to court, is there nothing else I can do? 
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,148
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    L3l3lee said:
    Thank you all for enlightening me, this is really sad, the time and energy that it takes to defend oneself is enormous and the stress levels when combined with everything going on in life is a lot. How they can continously bully people into choosing between the stress they manufacture and paying them off to go away is just unbelievable to me.

Other than wait for them to take me to court, is there nothing else I can do? 
    Yes most certainly. Put that (above) in a letter to your MP.  You've summed things up very eloquently in a few words. That should hopefully grab your MPs attention. MPs are Law makers. They are in the ultimate position to make a difference. Use him/her. You might want to drop a quiet hint that a General Election is on the horizon!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • 1505grandad
    1505grandad Posts: 2,849
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    "........for a parking charge at a retail park...,.,"

"
    You are now dealing with unregulated scammers that only want money, don't pay them follow the advice on here plan A is a complaint to the store or landowner of the car park."

As per @fisherjim have you sent a strong complaint as above?
  • L3l3lee
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    @150grandad I intend to email the retail park tonight, I looked at their website and the contact looks like it's geared towards sales. Any idea how to write a strong email / letter that may help?

I also intend to email my Councillor however that's proving a challenge as the dot gov website says my council doesn't use their service and you have the. Contact the council directly to find out. My council is pretty useless, can never get them on the phone and they take forever to respond to letters or emails. So not sure how to get the details. 

Many help to everyone helping..  Much appreciated. 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,113
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    L3l3lee said:
    ...I intend to email the retail park tonight, I looked at their website and the contact looks like it's geared towards sales.
    Which retail park?

L3l3lee said:
    I also intend to email my Councillor however that's proving a challenge as the dot gov website says my council doesn't use their service and you have the. Contact the council directly to find out. My council is pretty useless, can never get them on the phone and they take forever to respond to letters or emails. So not sure how to get the details. 
    Which council are you struggling to find details of?
  • L3l3lee
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    It's freirn Barnet retail park and Enfield council. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback