Kitchen Units Supp+Install-Retain Worktop+Sink.

Whilst a new fitted kitchen is not acheivable.
Is it possible to hire tradespeople to supply+install new kitchen units only.
Ide be requestning old Kitchen units to be removed.
I assume worktop and sink could be de install-re install as their New.
Is it Joiner or Kitchen Fitter to quote this type of job.
Won't be until next year at earliest.

thanks 
Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500.

Comments

• If you are replacing all the units surely it’s makes sense to replace the worktop at the same time?
     It may be possible to remove and reinstall worktop but it depends on how the join was done.
    Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,786
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 15 October 2023 at 1:08PM
    If you are replacing all the units surely it’s makes sense to replace the worktop at the same time?
     It may be possible to remove and reinstall worktop but it depends on how the join was done.
    worktop and sink via my builders, surprisingly  existing units were much better than I expected.
    The join was identical to previous worktop.
    I intend to make requests early '24.
    Where to begin for Units and Doors/Handles is it b+q etc.

thanks
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500.
  • I believe B+Q are the cheapest you can buy and there is nothing with there kitchens in fact when I did mine they came in at less than half the price of Howdens the only difference was it was flat pack and has a 3mm back so unless you throw thing into your cupboards it’s really not a problem 
    Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,267
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I believe B+Q are the cheapest you can buy and there is nothing with there kitchens in fact when I did mine they came in at less than half the price of Howdens the only difference was it was flat pack and has a 3mm back so unless you throw thing into your cupboards it’s really not a problem 
    The Cooke & Lewis carcasses are OK quality. 5/6mm back panels, so reasonably robust. The GoodHome range don't appear to have such good reviews, so you may want to take a long hard look before buying them. Also, the range of units are somewhat limited, so if you want a 900mm pan drawer unit like I did, you either have to adapt a standard cupboard unit, or go elsewhere. As I was getting door & drawer fronts elsewhere, I opted to adapt.

Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    Those Good Home were 1st viewed online today, unless Kicker Type Boards could be purchased separately, then I wasn't interested.
    I don't have this type of knowledge, is there Cooke & Lewis example link.
    don't expect to visit b+q though could rely on quotes and supply examples.
    Took a few Worktop and Sink quotes, though  thankfully decent quality and excellent de install-re install job.

thanks mser's
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,267
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Dandytf said: is there Cooke & Lewis example link.

Cooke & Lewis is a B&Q own brand - The C&L kitchen units have been discontinued and replaced with the GoodHome range. You might find some C&L units that have been heavily discounted, but don't count on the full range being available.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    edited 16 October 2023 at 7:00AM
    Noticed my fav <2mins Drive or Walk, Homebase could have Kitchen Units as stating point to potentially view.
    I'll visit q1 '24 get idea of what's possible.

thanks Mser's
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    edited 16 October 2023 at 7:07AM
    No measurements yet, though 1st online example...
    12842266-1024831946874585.jpg
    This is my PayPal Credit Motivation, need to Achieve Zero to allow Kitchen Units to be ordered, only after I talk to Kitchen Fitter/Joiner 1st.

• Dandytf
    Forumite
    Edited to PP Only.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback