IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Blue Badge displayed Harlow Hospital

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,245 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 27 November 2023 at 5:31PM
    Options
    Great news!

PLAN A STRIKES AGAIN!

When you post about this success in the above resource thread, please tell new posters who to contact to get an unfair PCN overturned at that NHS Trust.

And link back to this thread so newbies see it!

:) 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • keithtoon
    Options
    Yes I will, but what page do I start at there is 85?
    Your link takes me to page 9?
    What will heading say " Blue Badge NHS ( PALS)"
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can only add to the existing thread, so no matter what you do, it will stick it last.

I would add the name of the hospital to the title.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • keithtoon
    Options
    Fruitcake said:
    You can only add to the existing thread, so no matter what you do, it will stick it last.

I would add the name of the hospital to the title.
    I have posted as you said.
    Thanbk you all especially a big thanks from me Dad!!
    Kg
  • keithtoon
    keithtoon Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi guys,
    is this of any interest?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4DwEqzflDg
  • keithtoon
    Options
    Hi all,
    Today, yes sunday! my father received another parking fine from the same hospital Princess Alexandra Hospital Harlow Gggggrrrrrrr.
    Again I will go through the same process.
    The cameras do not pick up the BLUE BADGE. Yes its registered and we are all aware that blue badge holders can park free.
    So so annoying!!!!
    Just a heads up
    Best regards Kg

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles

Disabled people

A disabled person is a holder of a valid Blue Badge attending hospital as a patient or visitor or is a disabled person employed by the hospital trust.

Disabled patients and visitors receive free parking for the duration of their attendance at, or visit to, the hospital. Disabled employees receive free parking while at the hospital for purposes relating to their employment.

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Plan A with hospitals is to contact PALS and demand (politey) that they get it cancelled. It isn't one of those hospitals where you have to register your blue badge at reception us it?
  • keithtoon
    Options
    hi Le Kirk,
    Blue badge registered. Emailed PALS this morning see the reply they sent me..
    Their car park cameras only pick up registerings not clearly displayed Blue Badges!
    As you can see I have been here before so will go thriugh the same process again Ggrrr
    Also my father parked there last week as a follow up to my mothers treatment so no doubt another ticket post.
    Clearly this is not a good system to catch non payers as it clearly does not work when it comes to Blue Badge holders.
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    CARPARKINGANDSECURITY (THE PRINCESS ALEXANDRA HOSPITAL NHS TRUST) 
    <paht.carparkingandsecurity@nhs.net>

To:​You​
    Sun 04/02/2024 11:46
    Hello and thank you for your message.

Please note that if you are contacting this office regarding a Parking Charge Notice that we are unable to intervene in the  appeal or cancellation of PCNs .  If you would like to appeal this ticket then you will have to go direct to the issuer of this ticket, Car Parking Partnership, and follow the procedure outlined on the back of the ticket, headlined 'Appeals & Complaints'.

Kind Regards
    Security Office
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    My reply to this email...

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF YOU CAR PARKS!

Cheers for all the help guys Kg
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Tell them you are not "appealing" but complaining and they cannot ditch their responsibilities. Refer them to the NHS  parking principles here
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 February at 6:51PM
    Options
    ...and in particular, quote these words from that 'parking principles' document:-

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure