IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Blue Badge displayed Harlow Hospital

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 September 2023 at 4:34PM
    Options
    keithtoon said:
    Yes as he is regular visitor. Yes badge was displayed but the photos they took was of front and rear registration numbers no photos of Dads blue badge!
    Of course not.  The photos are by remote ANPR cameras, which only ever show number-plates in moving traffic (in and out).  Normal for hospitals.

As I said right the start: are you in time to just appeal as Dad?  Also advised by Grizebeck.  And as advised in the NEWBIES thread, where I make it clear: 'the keeper appeals' (not someone else). 

This is all that was needed.  Attach a copy of 'my' blue badge & write AS DAD not as you.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • keithtoon
    Options
    keithtoon said:
    Yes as he is regular visitor. Yes badge was displayed but the photos they took was of front and rear registration numbers no photos of Dads blue badge!
    Of course not.  The photos are by remote ANPR cameras, which only ever show number-plates in moving traffic (in and out).  Normal for hospitals.

As I said right the start: are you in time to just appeal as Dad?  Also advised by Grizebeck.  And as advised in the NEWBIES thread, where I make it clear: 'the keeper appeals' (not someone else). 

This is all that was needed.  Attach a copy of 'my' blue badge & write AS DAD not as you.
    "This is all that was needed.  Attach a copy of 'my' blue badge & write AS DAD not as you"
    Thank you
    I sent copy of blue badge when we appealed.
    Yes we have time to re~appeal, will use my fathers name but will have to use my email address.
    Will keep you all posted on any updates.
    Thank you all so  so much
    Kg
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,173 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    keithtoon said:
    ...will use my fathers name but will have to use my email address.
    Easy enough to set up a throw away email address on gmail.
    Let it sink into oblivion when no longer needed.
  • B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    keithtoon said:

Yes we have time to re~appeal, will use my fathers name but will have to use my email address.
    When you originally appealed in the wrong name, did you identify your dad as the driver?
  • keithtoon
    Options
    KeithP said:
    keithtoon said:
    ...will use my fathers name but will have to use my email address.
    Easy enough to set up a throw away email address on gmail.
    Let it sink into oblivion when no longer needed.
    Yes, New Email created. 
    Will now appeal as me dad!
    Thank you
    Kg
  • keithtoon
    Options
    B789 said:
    keithtoon said:

When you originally appealed in the wrong name, did you identify your dad as the driver?
    NEVER named the driver, as instructed in NEWBIES post.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 30 September 2023 at 6:32PM
    Options
    Yes but a complete stranger to the contract appealing 'on behalf of' the keeper was worse than naming the driver, because it's no appeal at all!  Third parties can't do this in their name.

Hopefully sorted, by Dad appealing in his name. You will have to check that email account weekly at least.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • keithtoon
    Options
    Yes but a complete stranger to the contract appealing 'on behalf of' the keeper was worse than naming the driver, because it's no appeal at all!  Third parties can't do this in their name.

Hopefully sorted, by Dad appealing in his name. You will gave to check that email account weekly at least.
    thank you and will keep you updated!
  • keithtoon
    Options
    UPDATE
    Hi Guys,
    Father received this letter 15th nov. Yes we appealed via their appeal system but never recieved a reply. We cut and pasted the request of information from the NEWBIES section as advised. The driver has NOTbeen named!
     " There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require an explanation of the allegation and your evidence. You must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date as well as your images of the vehicle"
    Do we panic????   Also who actually has to go to court if driver not named?   Thank you for the help! been named!
     " There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require an explanation of the allegation and your evidence. You must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date as well as your images of the vehicle"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure