IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Blue Badge displayed Harlow Hospital

Options
Hi Guys,
Using this board I have used the advise from the Newbies, thank you.
today after appealing to the hospital and online with the car park on line appeal system I have received this email.
My father had to visit the  hospital and parked in a blue badge bay displaying his badge but the camera only show his car number plate???
do I ignore?
Thanks guys.
Kg 

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle?

If not, why have you appealed?
  • keithtoon
    Options
    KeithP said:

KeithP said:

Hi KeithP
    No the vehicle belongs to my 90yr old father. The NEWBIES post informs us to appeal from link that was supplied from Car Parking Partnership Team?

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    keithtoon said:
    The NEWBIES post informs us to appeal from link that was supplied from Car Parking Partnership Team?
    Several times throughout the opening post of the NEWBIES thread it says 'the keeper appeals'.

Whose name did you use on the appeal?
    The registered keeper's name or your own name?
  • keithtoon
    Options
    KeithP said:
    keithtoon said:
    The NEWBIES post informs us to appeal from link that was supplied from Car Parking Partnership Team?
    Several times throughout the opening post of the NEWBIES thread it says 'the keeper appeals'.

Whose name did you use on the appeal?
    The registered keeper's name or your own name?
    Thank you.
    My father is 90 years old I am his son. He does not own a computer. He received a letter to notify of his parking fine.
    I than said leave it to me i will appeal on your behalf. Using the NEWBIES posts I have appealed but now they want confirmation that I am authorised to appeal on my fathers behalf. When I filled in the appeal form I quoted I was not the keeper of the vehicle and yes I used my name.
    hope this all helps. 
    TIA Kg
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 September 2023 at 2:35PM
    Options
    You were never meant to appeal "on behalf of" the keeper.  If that was the advice the NEWBIES thread would say so.

This is now madly over-complicated and you will need to prove he authorises you. None of this would have been necessary.

Is there still time to do this properly and appeal as Dad?

That was what you were meant to do. Of course you could have used your email address - but not your name!

You are a third party.  You can't appeal.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 28 September 2023 at 2:34PM
    Options
    All you need to do is produce a letter of authorisation that your father can sign and send it to the scammers. Everything else is as per the Newbies/FAQ thread.

What was the PCN for? Which PPC? Have you complained to PALS? Have you asked your MP to intervene on your fathers behalf?

• keithtoon
    Options
    B789 said:
    All you need to do is produce a letter of authorisation that your father can sign and send it to the scammers. Everything else is as per the Newbies/FAQ thread.

What was the PCN for? Which PPC? Have you complained to PALS? Have you asked your MP to intervene on your fathers behalf?

Thank you, see pictures. Hospital advised we MUST appeal first.

• Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    just re appeal it as your dad. Simple
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 15,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did your father follow the instructions for free parking?

You seem to have confirmed he displayed the badge?
    Did he also provide the registration details to reception?
  • keithtoon
    Options
    Did your father follow the instructions for free parking?

You seem to have confirmed he displayed the badge?
    Did he also provide the registration details to reception?
    Yes as he is regular visitor. Yes badge was displayed but the photos they took was of front and rear registration numbers no photos of Dads blue badge!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback