IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help QDR solicitor claim on behalf of euro car parks limited

Options
Neverafine
Neverafine Posts: 14 Forumite
First Post
Help and advice needed. 
Received claim form 07/09/2023
Acknowledged 18/09/2023

Particulars of the claim. It is my car that they have identified parked but I wasn't driving at the time. Received letters for not paying and displaying appropriately in a carpark in Norton street Manchester. Did not respond in a timely fashion because I knew I wasn't driving at the time. I know after reading this I should have done. They have now issued the claim form for the sum of £255. 

I have read the newbies link so I am going to use the template to fill out the particulars of the defence. What are the chances I can defend this if they do take me to court? 
Any help much appreciated

Comments

• B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Show us the PoC. Have they specified they are claiming against you as the driver or the registered keeper or are they just being vague about it and claiming "driver or keeper"?

You have until 4 pm on Tuesday 10th October to submit our defence so no need to rush it. Show us the bits that you add or edit. No need to show the whole of the rest of the template defence.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,889 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 September 2023 at 4:28PM
    Options
    Hello and welcome.

Just to point out, you haven't received a CCJ.
    A CCJ is a County Court Judgment and you cannot have a Judgment until a Claim has been judged.
    You need a few more posts under your belt first, but as soon as you are able, please edit your thread title to remove 'CCJ' from it.

You say you received the Claim Form on 7th September, but what is the Issue Date on it? Probably a couple of days before you received it.
  • Neverafine
    Options

There you go they are being vague in the first sentence 
  • Neverafine
    Options
    Hi Keith, yea you're right sorry. Issue date was 7th of September in the top right, I don't recall the date I actually received it. 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,889 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Issue date was 7th of September. 

With a Claim Issue Date of 7th September, and having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 10th October 2023 to file your Defence.

That's nearly three weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look at the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Why did the driver not pay & display?

Was the first PCN POFA compliant?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Neverafine
    Options
    Driver didn't pay and display due to absent mindedness they were late for a meeting. What do you mean by the first PCN POFA compliant? 
  • B789
    Options
    Driver didn't pay and display due to absent mindedness they were late for a meeting. What do you mean by the first PCN POFA compliant? 
    The original PCN, was it a NtD attached to the vehicle or a postal NtK? Depending on which, the first correspondence you received is "the original PCN". Why was the date when you parked there and what was the date on the original PCN, and whether you received an NtD at the time.
  • Neverafine
    Options
    It was a postal NtK. The date parked was 22/07. Unfortunately I don't have the original letter just the subsequent letters with the varying headers escalating the amount owed.
  • B789
    Options
    It was a postal NtK. The date parked was 22/07. Unfortunately I don't have the original letter just the subsequent letters with the varying headers escalating the amount owed.
    The you should SAR the claimant for copies of everything they have with your data, including a copy of the original NtK.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback