IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Help QDR solicitor claim on behalf of euro car parks limited

Options

Comments

• Neverafine
    Options
    Amazing thank you
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 134,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12 May at 2:12PM
    Options
    I surprised myself that I managed to argue the HHJ Murch judgment into a QDR case!

Their POC do miss out the 'period of parking' (minutes or hours, who knows?)  and whether they are relying on the POFA for keeper liability.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Neverafine
    Neverafine Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hello again this has now progressed to setting a court date. It has been set for the 29th of May. I have until the 9th May to complete a witness statement. Any advice would be much appreciated. I realise I have left it late however it's been a very busy period. Thank in advance. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    You just follow the Newbies thread.

:) 
  • Neverafine
    First Post
    Options
    So an update on this, I produced a defence as per the newbies thread and I sent it to the court/QDR solicitors. I received a few interesting things back in the post on the deadline which was the 9th of May. 

They have requested to strike out the entirety of the initial claim form and have attached an amended claim form with a new particulars of claim. This has accompanied requests from the court to allow more time to defend and resend witness statements etc. 

The particulars of claim are:

The claimant is a parking operator who has a claim for an outstanding parking charge notice against the Defendant. At all material times the Claimant was authorised by its parent company ECP (Holdings) PLC to cary out parking enforcement services at Norton Street Manchester, M3 7NW ('The site"). The Site is private land and is split into 2 distinct plots of land which are both wholly owned by ECP (Holdings) PLC. The official register of the ("OCE") notes the address of the plot of land annexed at Appendix B as being Land on the South Side of Greengate Salford. The OCE notes the address for the plot of land annexed Appendix C as being Greengate and 2 Norton street Salford. The Claimant operates parking facilities on behalf of ECP (Holdings) PLC across all the land.

The Defendant is being pursued as registered keeper in accordance to Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedom Act 2012 ("the Act") of the vehicle with the number plate... ("the vehicle")

This is the start of their claimant bundle if you like which also contains photos of the vehicle and other information they believe proves the above. 

They have also sent a new claim form to the civil national business centre and a N244 application form. Finally they have a draft order for the court with an 8 point plan essentially which is as follows- abbreviated below:

1. Permission for the claimant to amend the initial claim form
    2. The claimant to file and serve an amended claim form and particulars of claim within 7 days of this order
    3. Permission for the defendant to amend the defence
    4. The defendant to file and serve an amended defence within 14 days of the date of the service of an amedned claim form anf particulars of claim
    5. Witness statements to be filed and served within 14 days of the service of an amended defence
    6. The hearing listed for 28th May be adjourned
    7. The claim to be listed for Trial on the first open date after 1 August 2024 
    8. No order of costs

My questions are

1. Do I need to do anything at this point? Do I need to respond to their solicitors?
    2. Is it in my interest to accept the above?
    3. Is this an expected response?

Many more but that's a start

I plan to search the forum this morning, please point me in the right direction if there is similar as above. 

• Coupon-mad
    edited 12 May at 12:18PM
    Options
    There is. I'll send you a pm.

You mean you sent your WS bundle (not defence).

Did you get their Application and other guff before or after 4pm on 9th May?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    OK now you are talking. If it was dated 9th and sent by post it can't have been served on 9th. Anyway see my pm.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 12 May at 4:08PM
    Options
    Can you show us the WS and evidence you sent to QDR and the local court last week?

Secondly: in September did they file & serve separate POC by post, or was the only POC in your case the very short one you showed us (on the claim form)?

Thirdly, you said the hearing was listed for 29th May but what you've typed from the Claimant says 28th. Which is right?
  • Neverafine
    First Post
    Options
    Sure, how do I upload it without having to take multiple photographs? 

In September I did not receive a separate POC by post. Yes the only POC was the very short one that you have already seen. 

Apologies I have made an error with the listing. It is on the 28th of May not the 29th. I unfortunately have placed the wrong date in my witness bundle. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback