IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal Ltd Claim Form delayed in mail redirection abroad

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,795 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 March at 11:05PM
    Options
    I hope the Judge does but I highly doubt it.

You could send DCB Legal a SAR, and ask for the results of & proof they did the CRA trace they said they did, and ask also for all data held including the online PCN / claim history, all file notes and records of telephone calls/emails about you, and any letters from the CNBC (then called the CCBC) and any letters/envelopes returned by the post office or from the new tenant of the UK address where the LBC & claim form were undelivered.

Push for full disclosure of all data they hold.  You might glean something useful, such as them knowing the claim had possibly bounced.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • neilflah
    neilflah Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I'm a little confused....is it actually the PPC, the claimant, I should be asking the judge to order reimburse me the set aside application fee or DCB Legal as they state they performed a trace before issuing the claim form? 
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    The Claimant.  But you can't object to an Order before you receive it in April because you don't know what it says till you see it.

Do the SAR now.
  • neilflah
    First Post
    Options
    Do the SAR on DCB Legal?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I hope the Judge does but I highly doubt it.

You could send DCB Legal a SAR, and ask for the results of & proof they did the CRA trace they said they did, and ask also for all data held including the online PCN / claim history, all file notes and records of telephone calls/emails about you, and any letters from the CNBC (then called the CCBC) and any letters/envelopes returned by the post office or from the new tenant of the UK address where the LBC & claim form were undelivered.

Push for full disclosure of all data they hold.  You might glean something useful, such as them knowing the claim had possibly bounced.

• neilflah
    First Post
    Options
    ok thanks, just checking as obviously it was Highview Parking that brought the claim. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    No they didn't.
  • neilflah
    First Post
    Options
    Highview are the Claimant, DCB Legal are their solicitors.
  • neilflah
    First Post
    Options
    I would have thought Highview Parking, as the claimant, would be the party I would seek through the court to reimburse me the £108?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 28 March at 8:10PM
    Options
    Yes but you have no grounds.  You have to demonstrate 'wholly unreasonable conduct' and there is nothing obvious (yet).

I was telling you to send DCB Legal a SAR to try to find some grounds, some unreasonableness being disclosed.  I advised you what exactly to ask for...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback