IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal Ltd Claim Form delayed in mail redirection abroad

Options

Comments

• neilflah
    neilflah Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi Castle,

Ok, but everything I've read on previous threads says it's all about the issue date of the Claim Form and serving it to the current address not any of these previous letters from the PPC.  
  • neilflah
    First Post
    Options
    in fact, it's the advice I've been given to this point
  • neilflah
    First Post
    Options
    should I be concerned about this from Castle:  Because a Judge might ask you that question and then go on to find on the "balance of probabilities", that they also sent the Letter before claim in June 2023.
  • neilflah
    First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

Which thread should I go to to find out how the initial set-aside (telephone) hearing will play out? 
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    neilflah said:
    Which thread should I go to to find out how the initial set-aside (telephone) hearing will play out? 
    Search the forum because that is what anyone else will have to do to answer your question.  Make sure to change the drop down box from "Best Match" to "Newest"
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,795 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    neilflah said:
    Hi all,

Any (probably all) of the 5 linked cases in the CCJ set aside section of the NEWBIES thread will include an account of that hearing because they are all completed cases, I think.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • neilflah
    First Post
    Options
    Hi All,

Firstly, I would like to thank all of you who have provided me so much invaluable advice on this PCN over the past months.

Secondly, I should be on a telephone hearing with St Helen's CC right now, the phone didn't ring so I checked my email and saw this sent an hour previous:

Good Afternoon,

Further to the e-mail below and the e-mail from the Claimants solicitors, the Judge has considered the file and the Judgment is set aside and the Claim is Struck Out,

Therefore the telephone hearing today will not be required,

Kind regards,
  • neilflah
    First Post
    Options
    Thirdly, what about the £108 set-aside fee?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,795 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well if you did this by consent it depends what you consented to.  "No order as to costs" means you shoulder it, because you agreed.

But hey you won!

IT IS OVER.

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • neilflah
    First Post
    Options
    Hi Coupon-mad,

I ordered for the claimant to pay the defendant £108 as reimbursement for the set aside fee (within the Witness Statement).  

I ticked 'without a hearing' on the N244
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure