IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal Ltd Claim Form delayed in mail redirection abroad

Options

Comments

• neilflah
    neilflah Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Any opinions on this?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What is this?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • neilflah
    First Post
    Options
    The email from DCB Legal to the court and I, stating that the claim is valid as they traced my address when I was still in the UK (02/06/23), issued the Letter of Claim to the UK address (issue date of 05/06/23) and therefore gave me opportunity to inform them I was leaving the country.  I reiterate, the Claim Form was issued on 04/08/23, two days after I left the UK and arrived in redirected mail on 30/08/23.
  • neilflah
    First Post
    Options
    the basis of their case is stated as this:

It is respectfully submitted that the Claim was issued to the correct last known address in accordance with CPR 6.9 (3) on 04/08/2024, as neither the Claimant nor DCB Legal had any way of knowing that the Defendant would not be in receipt of the proceedings.
  • neilflah
    First Post
    Options
    Hi All,

Ok, so I've re-read some earlier threads and I'm now not panicking about DCB Legal's position of using the 'last known address'.  Soft-trace not used, I was there (at my new address) to be found, etc.  I've yet to request a SAR from the PPC, should I get on with this now in preparation for a second hearing down the line for the PCN?

In answer to your previous question Coupon-mad, the court has not issued a timeframe for me to supply my phone number to them for the hearing on setting aside judgment on 25th March.  From your advice, I will email DCB Legal my Polish telephone number informing them that I wish to attend the telephone hearing and cc in the court.  

I feel I need more information on preparation for this telephone hearing which DCB Legal have already stated, via email to the court and I, they are not arranging (the call) and not attending.  Can I rely on reciting the relevant parts of my N244?  Soft-trace not employed etc.  Can I be as bold as saying I have no obligation to respond to a letter of claim?

Advice appreciated as always.  
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,223 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    neilflah said:
    the basis of their case is stated as this:

It is respectfully submitted that the Claim was issued to the correct last known address in accordance with CPR 6.9 (3) on 04/08/2024, as neither the Claimant nor DCB Legal had any way of knowing that the Defendant would not be in receipt of the proceedings.
    1) First question, your or their mistake, other than time travelling.

2) Did you ever receive any NTK/Reminder/"Debt" letters?
  • neilflah
    First Post
    Options
    Hi Castle,

1)  Their mistake within Submissions and Draft Order.  They must have a magic carpet.

2). Yes, multiple 'invoices'
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't send DCB your phone number.  They aren't arranging the hearing.  Your court is.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • neilflah
    First Post
    Options
    Ok, so I'm to presume the court is arranging the telephone hearing even though they instructed DCB Legal or the Claimant to do so and that was declined?  I've had no subsequent communication from the court saying they will now arrange the telephone hearing, though it's possible a letter is travelling in redirected mail.  Do they not use email?

Why did Castle ask me this:  2) Did you ever receive any NTK/Reminder/"Debt" letters?

• Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,223 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    neilflah said:
    Ok, so I'm to presume the court is arranging the telephone hearing even though they instructed DCB Legal or the Claimant to do so and that was declined?  I've had no subsequent communication from the court saying they will now arrange the telephone hearing, though it's possible a letter is travelling in redirected mail.  Do they not use email?

Why did Castle ask me this:  2) Did you ever receive any NTK/Reminder/"Debt" letters?

Because a Judge might ask you that question and then go on to find on the "balance of probabilities", that they also sent the Letter before claim in June 2023.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback