We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

An in-between phase

1…532533535537538…732

Comments

  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,383
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    Ambassador
    Great news  .
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]
  • Rhyddid2026
    Rhyddid2026 Posts: 1,545
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Excellent news Pip! Congratulations!
    Debts                04/01/25       01/09/26  
    CC1                   £14,122.71     - 
    CC2                     -                   £6,975
    CC3                   £6,112.60      £6,495
    1st Direct CC     £176.03         £151.44
    CC total             £20,411.34    £13,621.44
    OD                     £1100            £0
    Car loan             £4,000          £2,400
    1st Direct Loan  £10,684.44    £3,825
    Total                  £36,195.78    £19,846.44
    EF £2,800
    HF £3
    EB £250
  • Congratulations on your win
    Fashion on a ration 2025 0/66 coupons spent
    79.5 coupons rolled over 4/75.5 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

    One
     income, home educating family 
  • KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 10,856
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I can understand that the basics being covered and the corresponding ease of pressure being a treat 😊

    I read your dinner as ‘spaghetti with cardboard sauce’ ….! I must be tired as I had to look twice more to correct myself! 😂😉

    KK
    As at 26.09.26:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
    - OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
    c. 17 months reduction in term
    Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030

    Read 72 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 10th October. 
    Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026

    Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
    Watch your words, they become your actions. 
    Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,289
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    KajiKita said:
    I can understand that the basics being covered and the corresponding ease of pressure being a treat 😊

    I read your dinner as ‘spaghetti with cardboard sauce’ ….! I must be tired as I had to look twice more to correct myself! 😂😉

    KK
    It’s not just you, I read it as cardboard at first too 🤣
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,383
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    Ambassador
    Also read it as cardboard! 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]
  • You all know me and my cooking abilities too well but on this occasion it was sauce you keep in a jar in the cupboard 😂
  • For goodness sake I now KNOW it's Cupboard and STILL read it as cardboard! 

    Great stuff on the PBs PiP - really pleased for you! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00 Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    Balance as at 31/08/24 = £105,400.00 Balance as at 31/12/24 = £102,500.00
    £100k barrier broken 1/4/25
    Balance as at 31/08/25 = £ 95,450.00. Balance as at 31/12/25 = £ 91,100.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.