IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

BWLegal £800 fine

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 2 January at 11:02PM
    Options
    Please stop using Chat GPT, if you are. Bin this truly awful 'bot-speak' stuff:
    This recurring discrepancy in the permit portal’s functionality underscores a flaw within the claimant’s operational framework. The absence of automated reminders or seamless payment mechanisms contributed substantially to the issuance of purported unpaid parking charges, placing undue burden and confusion on a regular paying customer endeavouring to comply with the payment protocols.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Nexa
    Nexa Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Nexa said:
    Do the single one first.  Ideally this week.

Then in January - leave a fairly big gap between the two - do the multi-PCN one including the Henderson v Henderson point. Search the forum.
    The henderson point won't stand as the two claims are from different companies at different car parks 
    This is getting confusing
    why? one claim is for a single ticket with national car parks, the other is for multiple tickets with countrywide
  • Nexa
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It seems like the defence is essentially that you added on a load of unfair fees that you didn't incur the costs for. But what does this say for the initial fines for each parking ticket?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 4 January at 3:03AM
    Options
    You didn't have any fines.
  • Nexa
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You didn't have any fines.
    right so what are the grounds for dismissing the original fees for not having a ticket
  • Nexa
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Update- I have now sent both of the defences to the <CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk> email address

I've received automatic replies to both confirming they've both been received.

Thanks for all your help to this point, is there any advantage to emailing the defence to BWLegal as well?

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Nexa said:
    Update- I have now sent both of the defences to the <CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk> email address

I've received automatic replies to both confirming they've both been received.

Thanks for all your help to this point, is there any advantage to emailing the defence to BWLegal as well?
    No, the CNBC will do that.
  • troublemaker22
    troublemaker22 Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 5 January at 11:48AM
    Options
    If you do email them to BW Legal as a courtesy, you will probably receive an auto response saying your email was not delivered or a snotty reply like this:

To:
    Sent:

Subject: RE: Claim no. 

Dear Sir

Please note that my email address has never been confirmed as suitable for service of documents.

I have attached your email to the relevant file on this occasion, but please note that future attempts to serve in this manner will not be accepted.

Regards

[Removed by Forum Team]

Senior Supervising Solicitor

bwlegal®

[Removed by Forum Team]

Postal: Enterprise House, 1 Apex View, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 9BH

• Nexa
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've received an email back from the court stating: 

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reply to the County Court claim.

We have processed your response. Please note however, it was not signed and because of this it may not be considered as a valid document if the case goes to a court hearing.

Please find enclosed a copy of your response, to be signed and returned to us as soon as possible.

I've now scanned the last page and signed it and copied the image into the original word document which looks horrendous. Can't you just use docusign or something

• Coupon-mad
    Options
    Did you forget to sign one of the defences and not the other?  Of course they must be signed and dated.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure