IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

UK Parking Control Limited (via DCB Legal Ltd) Defence

Options

Comments

• NewbieHelp1
    Options
    hey guys

is this bit a standard or specific to your case? 

6. The Defendant avers that the Claimant failed to serve a Notice to Keeper compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. Consequently, the claimant cannot transfer liability for this charge to the Defendant as keeper of the vehicle. The Claimant is put to strict proof.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    That is specific to any cases where the claimant failed to serve a POFA Notice to Keeper (NTK).
  • NewbieHelp1
    Options
    what does at  POFA NTK look like (they have a photo) of the car with a ticket on it.. 

The subsequent letters were issued in my name (I cant see any letter) sent that states "Notice to keeper"
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 134,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A postal PCN is a NTK.  The point you highlighted is only used in cases where the Defendant wasn't driving, or doesn't recall who was driving.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    what does at  POFA NTK look like (they have a photo) of the car with a ticket on it.. 

The subsequent letters were issued in my name (I cant see any letter) sent that states "Notice to keeper"
    You need to compare the wording on your PCN which is the NTK, as @Coupon-mad writes with the POFA wording; you can find a link to it in the NEWBIE sticky but, also as stated by @Coupon-mad, it is only relevant if you weren't driving and/or the driver's name has not been revealed to the PPC.
  • GolfR12
    GolfR12 Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys,

Received a letter from DCB just over a week ago stating the claimant intends to proceed with the claim :-(
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,476 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As expected. Keep referring back to the twelve step guide in defence template thread you are following.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • GolfR12
    GolfR12 Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fruitcake said:
    As expected. Keep referring back to the twelve step guide in defence template thread you are following.
    Thank you, sorry are you able to link the thread in question as I'm unsure where I can view the threads I am following. 
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    GolfR12 said:
    Fruitcake said:
    Thank you, sorry are you able to link the thread in question as I'm unsure where I can view the threads I am following. 
    First page of the forum thread list (one click back from here). One of the top 5 threads 'stuck' to the top of the list. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 134,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12 May at 2:41AM
    Options
    GolfR12 said:
    Fruitcake said:
    No link needed.

The 12 first steps list is in the Template Defence sticky thread (where we know you got the defence from) and the list is designed to stop you needing to ask us a about the first standard letters & forms.  

Nothing is new.  Nothing is different. ALL of it is in the NEWBIES thread and Template Defence thread ... and defence was not your only job.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback