PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May we discuss Quilting?

Options

Comments

• catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My book by Debbie Mumm has just turned up from Amazon! Yippee! Lovely book and although I would love to start on a wall hanging the chequers Board looked like something I could grasp as a beginners project so might try this first. Queenie might have to come back on to ask you all manner of silly questions so will apologise now ;) in advance. Won't be able to start anything yet until I have somewhere for the sewing machine (dd's room after she has left home) but I do love planning projects.
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    :j :j ((((catznine)))) I'm DEEEElighted that you've got it :T I fell in love with her themed room ideas. Her instructions are sooooo easy to follow :D

Any questions, I'll be happy to answer them - as best as I'm able LOL Enjoy!! :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just got lots of Dark blue with a fine white striped fabric for £2 in the form of a very large mens nightshirt reduced in Matalan sale :j so more material for the fabric stash. I am enjoying this :D
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    Nice one! :T

Do you have an Ikea within striking distance? Their fabrics are very reasonable per mtr compared to fabric shops. So if you need a couple of metre's of fabric it's a handy thing to know ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for that info about Ikea Queenie. I'm looking to make some of those voil like fly catcher things that's all the rage (The type you "velcro" to the door frame, they act like the screens they have in America allowing air in, you out but no bugs!) I really don't want to be spending a fortune to do all the doors and windows so I thought I would have a go at making them myself. I see a trip to IKEA ASAP :D
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Betterware do door and window screens at pretty good prices. Just click in the link and type in door screen in the search box. £9.99 the door ones are - so it's gonna be interesting to know how much you can beat that by when you price up all your materials :)

http://www.betterware.co.uk/
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • csi
    csi Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    hi there,

a quick question if you dont mind
    can i use blankets from charity shops for wadding instead of wadding from fabric shop as it is so expensive
  • flossyblog
    Options
    Grocery challenge year budget €3K Jan €190 Feb €225 Mar €313 Apr €202 May €224 June €329 July €518 Aug €231Sep €389 Oct €314 Nov €358 Dec €335  Total spent €3628
    2021Frugal living challenge year budget €12.250 Total spent €15.678

Jan €438 Feb €1200 Mar €508  Apr €799 May €1122 June
    1595 July €835 Aug €480 Sep €957 Oct €993  Nov €909 Dec €2698

• LizD_2
    LizD_2 Posts: 1,503 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Can anyone give me basic instructions for a single bed-sized quilt with simple squares.
  • lovelyjubbly
    Options
    I know it may sound a lot of trouble, but have you thought of going to your local library and borrowing a book on quilting, it won't cost you a penny! and you can keep it out for as long as you like, just remember to renew it every 3-4 weeks!
    look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure