MeandO's money-shuffling

Options

Comments

• MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What a great gift from your parents. It can be hard to accept, but maybe they feel they prefer to see you safe and secure now, rather than when they can't. X
    You've hit the nail on the head sugar-walsh as that's the unspoken reason behind the timing of this. My wonderful Mum now has to have surgery within the week and we've been warned she's extremely high risk and there's a chance she may not make it through. :( My Dad's condition has also deteriorated this past week. :( It's been a very hard and emotional week and next week will be even more so. :(
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6923.98/£15,000 XMAS: £607.21 CAR/HOUSE: £550
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,645 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry your parents health is suffering and hope your mum comes through op ok. What a worry for you. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Mrs_Money_Penny
    Options
    So so sorry to hear about your parents suffering. I hope your Mum comes through op ok. Thinking of you. I know how hard this is xx
    2024 Decluttering 3273 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thinking of you and sending gentle ((((hugs))))  XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • MeandO
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words everyone xx
    I'm trying to put the events of the next few days to the back of my mind at the moment but I'm hardly sleeping at night presently so it's definitely at the forefront when I'm not busy.
    It's been a tough week with DS too. Emotions are running high and there has been lots of tears from both of us. 

More sh*t to deal with today - literally - found a load of mouse poop in the cupboard in the utility room with absolutely no idea how they got in, so now have pest control coming out tomorrow and I've barricaded the utility room door! I'm paranoid now and looking everywhere. :( That's £120 I could have done without spending too but it's better than the £468 quoted by a well know pest control company. It's made me think I need to get that room ripped out and re-done properly sooner now too as it's the last room left to do and the cupboards etc are falling apart in there. I've sent a text to the builder and asked him to pop round to give me a quote when he can. More money to pay out, possibly all of the money from my savings pot. :(

I received another Etsy order yesterday and got it made and sent out the same day. I've also packaged and bought postage for the ebay sale, I just need to drop it off later today. £20 has been paid out by Vinted, £10 to go from them.

• Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Thinking of you…
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • sugar-walsh
    sugar-walsh Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope all goes well this week.
    £2699 credit card (£3848 01.02.23)
    £1023 Ski fund (cash back, interest, ebay sales only). Used in April 23
    £39.75 Italy fund (cash back, interest, ebay sales only
  • MeandO
    Options
    Thank you HSL2 & Sugar-Walsh xx

£120 paid out to the 'mouse man' who has done his stuff and will be back next week and every week thereafter until they've definitely gone. 

It's pay day today so I've shuffled the money around to various pots. I've sent a bigger amount than normal to the car pot as took the money out of this to pay for the pest control. There's £300 in the car pot now, £250 in the Christmas/gifts pot, £200 in a separate 'misc' pot and £80 in DS's clothes/shoes pot. The EF is up to £3053.73 so has gone back over the £3000 mark. 

Last night was my first weigh in at SW and I lost 5.5lbs so was really pleased. I also won a raffle so came home with some tins for the cupboard and fresh fruit which was a bonus. One of the items was on my shopping list so I don't need to buy that now for a while. I need to plan evening meals for the next week again now and buy in what I need to make next week successful too. I'm finding having more control over my eating is helping with my mental health too and providing more structure to my days. I'm hoping I can keep that up with the stress of the upcoming week too.

I turned my heating off the timer yesterday so it won't come on unless the house gets really cold. I'm going to see how the temperature fares with that today as it's definitely warmed up a bit now, but will just turn it on to warm the house up now and then if we need it. 

Have a lovely weekend all xx

• Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Our heating is coming on less now too. Grear for the gas bills, not so good with getting the washing dry. I managed to get a couple of loads on the line, but they did need 20 mins in the dryer when I bought it in.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income