PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your oldest item of clothing?

18910111214»

Comments

• OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have some second hand clothes that must have been quite old to start with, but then they are new to me!
    I think my vintage knitting patterns are the oldest clothing related thing I have....and perhaps some of my wool too!
    ETA I have just remembered I have a belt which was my dads- I have owned it since he died (coming up on nearly 20 yrs ago) and he had it before that!
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• I think it's my bike leathers. I've had them near on ten years now - everything else has either worn out or been replaced. Hopefully I can still fit into them though!

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • uolypool
    uolypool Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Its lovely reading what everyone has kept, mine is a loopy cardigan and bonnett that my nanna made for me when I was a baby so nearly 38 years ago:eek::eek: My daughter wore it when she was a baby , and I have just lent it to a friend whom is pregnant with her little girl after having 4 boys:eek:which seems to be the thing to do where I live when you have 5 children I have 3 friends whom had 4 boys then a girl and I also have 4 sons then my daughter:) must be something in the cambridgeshire waters;)
    Paul Walker , in my dreams;)
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    I have a lot of jumpers that are old which i still wear regularly, boots that are 7-8 years old but they are clarks so wear very well. um a few pairs of jeans (i have lots) that are still in my wardrobe that are pre children size 10 i can still just get into them lol i tend to wear my clothes to death the only things i replace regularly are obviously underwear socks and tshirts.
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • My husband still has the picture cardigan I made him when we were first married - the pattern is the world map in different colours that goes all round the cardigan like a globe - about 20/25 years old.

I also have a pair of mittens that my grandma knitted before she became ill in early 80's. I have kept them as a reminder of her, and how handy she was with a knitting needle.
  • I have 2 pairs of knickers that I bought just after the birth of my last baby, I still wear them regularly & my baby is on a skiing holiday at the moment, he is 23!

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure