We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Keeping afloat till I can get round to the debts!

1…105106107108110

Comments

  • NeverendingDMP
    NeverendingDMP Posts: 2,486 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Rounded up the bank account and paid some cashback to the c card. Total debt now 6681. Aiming for low spends. Kids had the school photo this week so I'll see how much that might be before I pay any more. First year of h school so I might buy it. (They only have a photo company come in year 7 and 11)

    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213

    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Sept 26- just under 62k

    June 25 Debts in my name were £5170. Now 6122 (Oct 26)
    DH debts ?? at a guess £15k
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,939 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Welcome back! Those small extra payments to the CC will soon add up, and you will get under the £5k

    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • NeverendingDMP
    NeverendingDMP Posts: 2,486 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Thanks jwil. One day I'll break that barrier.... fairly spendy start to the weekend so far. Paid for an activity next week, snacks for a film night last night and me and the youngest two are due to go and see a procession tonight. Free but need to pay parking and likely some sweets.

    The debt is less than yesterday but some things have cleared and some things are still pending so who knows what the total is. Debt free would be so much easier admin wise I'm sure 😂

    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213

    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Sept 26- just under 62k

    June 25 Debts in my name were £5170. Now 6122 (Oct 26)
    DH debts ?? at a guess £15k
  • NeverendingDMP
    NeverendingDMP Posts: 2,486 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    The procession was good and the parking I paid for out of loose change in my bag so that makes it kinda free right -mum maths at it's best 😂

    They had fireworks at the end but we watched them from inside the car as I didn't fancy a crowded town centre on a Saturday night. Today is going to be adulting. Shopping cleaning and later this morning we have an hour's free electric in which to hoover, wash clothes and iron the uniforms -the excitement.

    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213

    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Sept 26- just under 62k

    June 25 Debts in my name were £5170. Now 6122 (Oct 26)
    DH debts ?? at a guess £15k
  • NeverendingDMP
    NeverendingDMP Posts: 2,486 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I renewed the fix on my gas and electric in August. It wasn't the best deal but was better than anyone else was offering. They have also emailed to say my direct debit needs to go up my 75 pounds due to our usage so we need to look at how we can get that down as well..... I haven't watched the Martin Lewis show from the other day yet but I gather me fixing again was a good idea as prices are predicted to increase again in January

    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213

    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Sept 26- just under 62k

    June 25 Debts in my name were £5170. Now 6122 (Oct 26)
    DH debts ?? at a guess £15k
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,939 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Glad the procession went well!

    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • NeverendingDMP
    NeverendingDMP Posts: 2,486 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    So today's debt busting action is to get a zero percent c card. It's only for six months but I've managed to move £1450 to it. Actual figures to follow but once it's cleared it will leave approx £500 that will either incur interest or become my rinse and repeat card for shopping. Ideally I'd cut them all up to make it easier admin wise but the thought of paying interest annoys me. I'll see when I get paid then decide.

    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213

    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Sept 26- just under 62k

    June 25 Debts in my name were £5170. Now 6122 (Oct 26)
    DH debts ?? at a guess £15k
  • NeverendingDMP
    NeverendingDMP Posts: 2,486 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 22 September at 4:49PM

    Update Debts now at 6588. 450 of this will accrue interest so I'll work on this first.

    This has come from paying a day, moving the left over shopping money and cashing in my shares, all 16 pounds of them- in an app I have (mainly for fun and to practice) When I'm rich and famous I will invest actual money ,learn how to make more and retire before I get to 68 -well I can dream 😂

    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213

    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Sept 26- just under 62k

    June 25 Debts in my name were £5170. Now 6122 (Oct 26)
    DH debts ?? at a guess £15k
  • NeverendingDMP
    NeverendingDMP Posts: 2,486 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Last minute splurge at Morrisons last night with this week's shopping budget. Packed lunch foods, things the eldest needed for school and a new pan. He's never been bothered with school that much so it was a nice change to see him remember that he needed to get stuff and he wanted to buy new pens whilst there! Albeit he told me at 9pm it's hopefully a sign that he's taking school more seriously.

    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213

    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Sept 26- just under 62k

    June 25 Debts in my name were £5170. Now 6122 (Oct 26)
    DH debts ?? at a guess £15k
  • NeverendingDMP
    NeverendingDMP Posts: 2,486 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I've paid a few quid onto the c card over this week but we have the hairdressers tonight and a cake sale at school tomorrow so I'll hold off announcing the totals till then. It's for charity and is an important cause but by the time I've donated three sets of cakes, and sent three sets of spends to buy some cakes back I'll have spent any leftover budget I have. 😂

    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213

    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Sept 26- just under 62k

    June 25 Debts in my name were £5170. Now 6122 (Oct 26)
    DH debts ?? at a guess £15k
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.