NOW OPEN: the MSE Forum 'Ask An Expert' event. This time we'd like your questions on TRAVEL & HOLIDAY DEALS. Post by Wed and deals expert MSE Oli will answer as many as he can.
Weekly Flylady Thread 30th January 2023
edited 3 February at 12:41AM in Old style MoneySaving
103 replies 6.4K views
Latest MSE News and Guides
Energy Price Cap change
Martin Lewis on what it means for youMSE News
Best £1 you've ever spent?
Share your most impressive bargainsMSE Forum
New MSE Forum avatars available
Try 'em out nowMSE Forum
- Today I picked up my car, complete with its new brakes and clutch. Credit card nearly melted. A bit disappointed that, despite the new clutch, it still doesn't have such a nice gear change as Mr N's old Fiat Panda. But nice to be independent again after over 2 weeks without it.
- Went to uni, 1 student assessed. Hm seemed a bit on the spectrum.
- went to drumming lesson
- went to Mr L, via B&M and Dun£lm to look at posh coathangers to put in the new wardrobes and to get tiebacks for front door curtains.
- More excitement when after yesterday's disappointment of Mr N getting a 'review appointment' letter from rheumatologist offering him 18th April.....a phone call saying the new meds will be delivered next Thursday!!! It's only been 18mnths since they first offered it to him. Down side is that the nurse is coming to show him how to do the injections the following week. Oh well at least he stands some chance of riding his motor bike again, we were beginning to think he'd not be able to......well assuming the meds actually work that is.
- just printed off more handouts for the Chaplain training (north) on Saturday. Mr N and I will set off tomorrow as we have 2 nights in a Holiday !nn close to the venue. Have arranged to see 2 lots of friends while we're in the area. Just need to print off the hotel details etc so they are ready to hand. I still have my 'what I need to put in my work bag' list from last week so I don't feel so stressed, just need to find some clothes to pack (that could be fun as all my clothes are in various places round the house).
the bed is almost clear. Various things have been homed or binned or relocated.
PICC line flushed and appointments made for next week’s flush and the pre chemo blood tests…at 8:30 am *shudder* they said it could be later but I offered to keep to 8:30 and not be arsey about it. HCA said I was never arsey lol - the results have got to be in steel city so early is better, plus I’m at a funeral that day.
Thank you Honey Bear
All I have managed to do so far is
- send DH off to his horse piddle appointment
- S&S kitchen
- 5 minute pick-up in LR
- FUPA dry washing
- open a new bank account paying much better interest
- book my car in for service and MOT in March
- book an appointment at the optician's to get new silicone pads on my specs - amazingly, they have fitted me in this afternoon
- send 1 email
- hang onto phone for about 10 min before getting through to GP surgery, then have a fairly fruitless conversation with one of the office staff.
I really need to go shopping now, and Rosie will need a walk before I get my specs done.
(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round, as needed xxx
I have done paid stuff, dailies and caught up with weekly essentials.
I’ve got some pretzel dough proofing, one load in the washing machine, one waiting to go on, dishwasher unloaded and reloaded with pretzel bits. Going to get my hospital bag done today and do the sweet cupboard. Plus a couple more episodes of The Great Pottery Throw Down
Other cleaning bits I’d like to do today are freshen up the loos, and tidy the upstairs bathroom (will tackle the shower another day).
Had a bit of a fainting spell at work on Wednesday night. Had to get DD to come pick me up as I was a bit scared to walk home even though I’m just round the corner. Felt a lot better after food and a decent sleep.