MSE News: Asda loyalty scheme users complain of 'missing' cash rewards and points spent miles away

Options

Comments

• reg091
    reg091 Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    molerat said:
    My mission is do 5 shops of over £10 in April and get £5

I wish I had that! I have done that already!!
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    reg091 said:
    Gosh, that all sounds terribly complicated! I have just scanned it every time I do my usual shops (about three times a week) and it gives me money! I've never looked at why.

Not now though! I have done five shops since the beginning of April and have not earned one single penny. 

They tell me this is how it is now...
    If you have done 5 shops in 6 days, maybe you’re not hitting the spend threshold? What are your missions on your app?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    reg091 said:
    Noticed that the last few shops my cashpot was not increasing. Raised it with support and at first they said they could see the app and hadn't applied correctly.

Now they have just told that the way it works changed from 2nd April: "The milestones ended on the 2nd April and no more have been created at the moment how the app is working over the next two months is each customer will be given personalised missions to complete over the next two month".

When I pointed out that this sounds like it was costing them too much and they are scaling it back, they replied:

"For the next two months we have been advised there will be no milestones this time and each customer will be given personalised missions. I believe the management team have brought this in for a way to boost your cash pot a lot more".

Maybe I am cynical, but I don't believe that last bit!! Time will tell. I always thought they were paying out "too much"; I have earned between one and two hundred pounds since it was launched, just for doing my regular shopping. Tesco Clubcard never came close to that when I used to shop there.
    What a load of rubbish! My "missions" include 10 x spend (first one being £75 to get £1), meat and fish, frozen, Felix pet food and Miracle-gro. 

These are not in any way personalised. I don't have a pet and I don't give pet food to my children. 
  • reg091
    Options
    sarah1972 said:

If you have done 5 shops in 6 days, maybe you’re not hitting the spend threshold? What are your missions on your app?
    Is there a threshold? I assumed it was just a small percentage of what you spent, plus any Missions, Milestones, Star Products etc.

I have no missions. I have Super Star offers on Coke Zero and Oxo Cubes, and two "Easter Superstars" offers, which seem to be a variety of "star" products.

I haven't had any missions for a while now it seems.

• sarah1972
    edited 7 April 2023 at 4:58PM
    Options
    reg091 said:
    sarah1972 said:

Is there a threshold? I assumed it was just a small percentage of what you spent, plus any Missions, Milestones, Star Products etc.

I have no missions. I have Super Star offers on Coke Zero and Oxo Cubes, and two "Easter Superstars" offers, which seem to be a variety of "star" products.

It’s never been a percentage of what you spend? It’s always scan every time you shop, missions, milestones, star products. Unless you mean star products which are usually 10%

I have missions every week as do (I think) everyone otherwise what’s the point 

it’s extremely odd you have no missions and they are lying to you telling you there are no milestones ! Mine is below … 

I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 April 2023 at 5:10PM
    Options
    There are obviously different missions for different customers.  I had the incremental one as above finishing at the start of April but now have the 5 x £10 shops. Plus Felix, Miracle Gro, Meat & Fish and Frozen.
  • sarah1972
    Options
    molerat said:
    There are obviously different missions for different customers.  I had the incremental one as above finishing at the start of April but now have the 5 x £10 shops. Plus Felix, Miracle Gro, Meat & Fish and Frozen.
    I’m sure that’s always been the case but my point is that they told @reg091 that they are no longer doing missions x
  • reg091
    Options
    Yep, I have it in an email: "For the next two months we have been advised there will be no milestones this time and each customer will be given personalised missions."

It seems every customer except me that is :smile: Why two months? Seems strangely specific.

I still have no missions. Just done another shop today and got nothing. It is working though as I have just noticed that I  must have bought a "star Product" a few days ago and was apparently credited 25p. 

I'm keeping all my receipts and fully expect them to giver me money when they realise they have made a mistake!! (I know, dream on...).

• millie
    millie Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sarah1972 said:
    reg091 said:
    sarah1972 said:

It’s never been a percentage of what you spend? It’s always scan every time you shop, missions, milestones, star products. Unless you mean star products which are usually 10%

I have missions every week as do (I think) everyone otherwise what’s the point 

it’s extremely odd you have no missions and they are lying to you telling you there are no milestones ! Mine is below … 

I have this mission but have not got a clue what you are supposed to do I did shopping on Wednesday costing over £75 and it then showed £63.37. I have been in again today and spent £10.89 and it now shows £61.27.
  • sarah1972
    Options
    reg091 said:
    Yep, I have it in an email: "For the next two months we have been advised there will be no milestones this time and each customer will be given personalised missions."

It seems every customer except me that is :smile: Why two months? Seems strangely specific.

I still have no missions. Just done another shop today and got nothing. It is working though as I have just noticed that I  must have bought a "star Product" a few days ago and was apparently credited 25p. 

I'm keeping all my receipts and fully expect them to giver me money when they realise they have made a mistake!! (I know, dream on...).

Email them back with my screenshot showing there clearly are milestones 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback