We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Prosperous soul, mortgage neutrality & creativity Year 2

1…153154156158159…224

Comments

  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,265 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    happy happy new trainer’s. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 17,183 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Do some serious research into local sold prices, which is difficult as LR are still behind with registering new owners. 
    Agree with winter holidays in destination areas. Why not take care with you as some cottages / hotels only add an extra £10 for them. 
    Meds sound like they're making a positive difference.
    Enjoy your new trainers!
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear 31/12/2029.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,265 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    So glad that the new meds seem to be helping  :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Thanks Beanie

    Spoke to a family member earlier. They suggested I went and looked at the expensive bungalow and if I like it - make an affordable offer while I still have a potential buyer on the hook. So will try that in the morning and see if I can swing a DIA style deal.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,265 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    No harm in looking  :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 17,183 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Good luck with the viewing and potential offer on it.
    Amazing difference with the meds.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear 31/12/2029.
  • If the trainers make you happy and you can afford them then they're a worthwhile purchase. So pleased the meds are having a good effect. Good plan with the viewing, nothing to lose.

    Debt Busting Again in 2026

    Starting Debt 03.05.26 £5345. Total 01.10.26 £2994

    Challenge 1 - Clear M&S Card: Starting Balance 03.05.26 £600, cleared 05.07.26

    Challenge 2 - Clear V12 Finance: Starting Balance 05.07.26 £600, cleared 12.08.26

    Challenge 3 - Clear Barclaycard: Starting Balance 12.08.26 £940, current total 01.10.26 £344

  • KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 10,807 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    I like the boldness of the trainers - both the colourfulness and the decision to get them. I am starting to realise I am looking a bit threadbare … I need to do something about this but I hate shopping so much and I don’t want to spend the money! 😂

    Awesome news about the meds - well done for persisting with them 😊👏 The probiotics I have just started are supposed to have a similar effect, albeit less dramatic I suspect, but no sign of the effect so far ….

    Good luck with the viewing - sounds interesting 😊

    KK
    As at 26.09.26:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
    - OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
    c. 17 months reduction in term
    Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030

    Read 69 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 26th September. 
    Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026

    Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
    Watch your words, they become your actions. 
    Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,936 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Great news about the meds!

    Hope the viewing goes well.
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.