We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Barclays Blue Rewards

Options

Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I pushed another £800 through to be on the absolute safe side in case it was something to do with dates - so that's a £5k and 2 x £800 so if that ain't covered it... it 'll be complaints time.
  • creditavenger
    creditavenger Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 17 October 2022 at 3:35PM
    Options
    I also got the email despite having met the funding requirements. Could non-qualification be something to do with them not taking the monthly fee in the first (part) month of membership?
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 October 2022 at 3:37PM
    Options
    Please see the post by @Nick_C on another thread, notably the following extract;

I spoke to someone on the phone just now.  She said regular payments from an external account by Standing Order do count, but ad hoc deposits by Faster Payment do not.  She said the credit should be coded as "FPO".

I have to say that this is crazy, and more likely another mistake. 

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/79562188#Comment_79562188
  • soulsaver
    edited 17 October 2022 at 3:42PM
    Options
    RG2015 said:
    Please see the post by @Nick_C on another thread, notably the following extract;

I spoke to someone on the phone just now.  She said regular payments from an external account by Standing Order do count, but ad hoc deposits by Faster Payment do not.  She said the credit should be coded as "FPO".

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/79562188#Comment_79562188
    Red herring IMO - no disrespect to Nick_C. The terms do not require deposits by SO.

Blue Rewards Terms & Conditions | Barclays
    When working out how much you have paid into your nominated bank account, we won’t count:
      • one-off internal transfers between Barclays accounts in your name, including any joint accounts or savings accounts. Regular payments set up as standing orders or Direct Debits from your personal Barclays accounts, a Barclays Business Account or your non-Barclays accounts will count towards your qualifying amount
      • any interest that we pay you
      • any refunds you receive from us
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 October 2022 at 5:56PM
    Options
    soulsaver said:
    RG2015 said:

Red herring IMO - no disrespect to Nick_C. The terms do not require deposits by SO.

When working out how much you have paid into your nominated bank account, we won’t count:
      • one-off internal transfers between Barclays accounts in your name, including any joint accounts or savings accounts. Regular payments set up as standing orders or Direct Debits from your personal Barclays accounts, a Barclays Business Account or your non-Barclays accounts will count towards your qualifying amount
    This is terrible wording.

We won't count regular payments set up as standing orders or direct payments from your non-Barclays accounts will count towards your qualifying amount.
  • soulsaver
    Options
    RG2015 said:
    soulsaver said:
    RG2015 said:

This is terrible wording.

We won't count regular payments set up as standing orders or direct payments from your non-Barclays accounts will count towards your qualifying amount.
    Nothing new there then, for banks' terms. :)
  • mab3000
    mab3000 Posts: 516 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Despite receiving the email saying I hadn’t deposited at least £800 in even though I already had (just a transfer from an non Barclays account) and ignoring the email, I have received the blue rewards payment as I should’ve done. 

Looks like the email was a glitch and sent in error 
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mab3000 said:
    Despite receiving the email saying I hadn’t deposited at least £800 in even though I already had (just a transfer from an non Barclays account) and ignoring the email, I have received the blue rewards payment as I should’ve done. 

Looks like the email was a glitch and sent in error 
    Me too, although it took them long enough to pay it as usual.

I didn't get an alert, so I figure they aren't setup properly... Something else to do
  • ForumUser7
    ForumUser7 Posts: 2,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I was told a couple of weeks ago that for Blue Rewards, Faster Payments of the £800 will not count - even from external current account - and I have to set up standing order. Is this definitely correct? Seems to be a bit of unclarity on the topic.
    If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.

N.B. (Amended from Forum Rules): You must investigate, and check several times, before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my content, as nothing I post is advice, rather it is personal opinion and is solely for discussion purposes. I research before my posts, and I never intend to share anything that is misleading, misinforming, or out of date, but don't rely on everything you read. Some of the information changes quickly, is my own opinion or may be incorrect. Verify anything you read before acting on it to protect yourself because you are responsible for any action you consequently make... DYOR, YMMV etc.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback