Barclays Blue Rewards

Just wondered if once you'd turned Blue Rewards on on an existing current account if you would be able to turn it off again if you found it didn't suit.  Thanks.

Replies

• quirkydeptlessquirkydeptless Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yes, I turned mine of a while back when the offers became unproductive for me, and turned it back on again recently to get the 5% rainy day saver account.
    Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
  • toothdoctortoothdoctor Forumite
    84 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    Forumite
    Did exactly the same. Cancelled it when they changed the cashback but turned it back on to get the rainy day savings account. Dead easy to do via the app
  • older_wiserolder_wiser Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    barclays is one of the last banks i haven't done a switch for its been ages since they did some kind of switch deal 
    not likely any time soon either imo 
  • RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    barclays is one of the last banks i haven't done a switch for its been ages since they did some kind of switch deal 
    not likely any time soon either imo 
    I was in the same position as you but 5% on £5k for a savings account cannot be ignored.

I have opened my account and set up online but I cannot do anything yet. Hopefully I will get my debit card PIN on Monday to get full access.
  • dingling68dingling68 Forumite
    209 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I too haven’t switched to Barclays previously, I think it is the only one left to do, but the savings account is definitely too good to pass up. Unfortunately I am not near any of my photo ID so hoping it is still available on Tuesday! 
    Save £12k in 2022 #54 reporting for duty 
  • RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Forumite
    I too haven’t switched to Barclays previously, I think it is the only one left to do, but the savings account is definitely too good to pass up. Unfortunately I am not near any of my photo ID so hoping it is still available on Tuesday! 
    I managed to open a Barclays account last week without any photo ID.
  • dingling68dingling68 Forumite
    209 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    RG2015 said:
    I have set up the app and got as far as being asked for a photo of my ID. Did you apply online? Didn’t think of that … 
    Save £12k in 2022 #54 reporting for duty 
  • RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Forumite
    RG2015 said:
    I have set up the app and got as far as being asked for a photo of my ID. Did you apply online? Didn’t think of that … 
    Yes, I did the application online.

Afterwards I did try to register for the app but needed the cvv from my debit card which has not as yet arrived. I was offered a video option but decided to wait for the debit card.

At least I have been able to deposit money into the Rainy Day Saver so am already earning 5%
  • pjreadpjread Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    weirdly that rainy day saver isn't available to premier/avios rewards members
  • surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I switched away from my Barlcays current account earlier this year when they mucked about with the Blue Rewards, but opened a new current account last week no problem (I still have the app on my phone so no need to do anything to set that up - my new account was visible straight away). Just need to wait for the debit card to turn up so I can transfer money out of it.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?