Challenge to make an extra £10 a day in October 2022 ~ everyone welcome.

Options

Comments

• makingmehappy
    Options
    Hi @dizzytina and @Makingabobor2, welcome to the challenge.

There's some fantastic moneymaking going on - thank you for all the info about bank switches.

I'm off the starting blocks with a £25 premium bonds win, my first ever - I've moved some savings into there recently and won on the first month. It wasn't from the £6 worth I've had since 1972 :neutral:

Also £24 from surveys that I hadn't withdrawn from for a while.

So £49/£150 so far.

Have a good weekend.

• Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 2,974 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    £7.32 for me today, a long awaited cash out from surveys.
    Making the debt go down and savings go up

LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £32,521

Mortgage 05/24 £16700 Officially ends June '26 but plan to be MF sooner
    Total OPs 2022 - £240   2023 - £1766
    OPs so far in 2024 £660.00

Challenges

EF #68  £105/£1000
    1p a Day '24 #12  £95.49/£667.  SPC '24 #41 £14.55
    Christmas '24 £30 

Make £5 a day - May £77.44/£155            
    NSDs May 8/15

My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-down-the-savings-up

• Makingabobor2
    Options
    TheBanker said:
    I'm at £57 - so a bit behind target but quite pleased with what I have. 

The good thing is £47 came from selling and surveys, which I wouldn't have done without this challenge. The other £10 is bits of bank interest and cashback that had built up.

If my bank account switch comes through I'll probably be pretty close to the target!

The other thing is I've been making better use of cashback sites etc so have some cashback pending to help with next month.

I'm trying to get back into cashback sites a bit more. Its just about getting into the habit isn't it. That's why I like Swagbucks....surveys and cashback on one site. 

Challenges

EF #68  £105/£1000
    Christmas '24 £30 

NSDs May 8/15

My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-down-the-savings-up

• CMD79
    CMD79 Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    @makingmehappy It'd be interesting to total it all up!

I'm loving opening new bank accounts! It's very easy money!!! 

Excellent! I've never had spare money to put into Premium Bonds, but I've heard of a lot of people winning pretty quickly once they've put in! 

@TheBanker I wouldn't have done anything at all barely if not for this challenge! It's such a simple thing and has made a massive difference to, what was, a very bleak financial situation for me. And the MSE forum in general actually. I can suddenly see a specific time in the, not too distant, future, where I'm debt free, have a healthy disposable income, and sleep well at night.

@Makingabobor2- I did not know this about swagbucks!! I am going to have a look now! Thanks for that info! Yes, I completely agree, it is about the habit. Sainsbury's shopping. £11.50. Morrisons shopping £12. Asda shopping.... it is about getting into the routine of looking first before spending anything online. I just bought new wallpaper - had a trolley full on one site, then thought to look on TCB. The store wasn't on there, but a similar store sold the same wallpaper, £1 per roll cheaper PLUS 14.5% cashback! 

I'm doing really badly this month! I have changed tactics in that I was previously adding money to my total as I earned it, and am now only counting it once it's in my account/hand. So this slows things down as some money, now paid in, I have already counted in last months totals, but also, the activity I'm doing now, will not pay until next month potentially! I'm okay with this, but it feels like I have nothing to report!!

Activity wise, I went out and did 2 mystery shops today. Both were very different to anything I;ve done before, and the first required some skilful acting! I'm considering buying some surveillance equipment to take my mystery shopping to the next level. I've see one company has loads available in my region, and pay £50/£60 per shop if you have recording stuff!!! 

Enjoy the weekend! I'm going to continue to procrastinate about my pile of Ebaying!! xxx
    November 2023

I'm always in it, it's only the depth that varies....

Current debt: £10,806.75
    Debt free date April 2025 (though expecting this to come forward)

• Makingabobor2
    Options
    @CMD79, yes I do that as well, don't count it until it has arrived in my PP account. Some are just a bit quicker than others and some you can cash out a lower amount

Challenges

EF #68  £105/£1000
    Christmas '24 £30 

NSDs May 8/15

• Hollie_Hobbie
    Options
    CMD79 said:
    @makingmehappy It'd be interesting to total it all up!

I'm loving opening new bank accounts! It's very easy money!!! 

Excellent! I've never had spare money to put into Premium Bonds, but I've heard of a lot of people winning pretty quickly once they've put in! 

@TheBanker I wouldn't have done anything at all barely if not for this challenge! It's such a simple thing and has made a massive difference to, what was, a very bleak financial situation for me. And the MSE forum in general actually. I can suddenly see a specific time in the, not too distant, future, where I'm debt free, have a healthy disposable income, and sleep well at night.

@Makingabobor2- I did not know this about swagbucks!! I am going to have a look now! Thanks for that info! Yes, I completely agree, it is about the habit. Sainsbury's shopping. £11.50. Morrisons shopping £12. Asda shopping.... it is about getting into the routine of looking first before spending anything online. I just bought new wallpaper - had a trolley full on one site, then thought to look on TCB. The store wasn't on there, but a similar store sold the same wallpaper, £1 per roll cheaper PLUS 14.5% cashback! 

I'm doing really badly this month! I have changed tactics in that I was previously adding money to my total as I earned it, and am now only counting it once it's in my account/hand. So this slows things down as some money, now paid in, I have already counted in last months totals, but also, the activity I'm doing now, will not pay until next month potentially! I'm okay with this, but it feels like I have nothing to report!!

Activity wise, I went out and did 2 mystery shops today. Both were very different to anything I;ve done before, and the first required some skilful acting! I'm considering buying some surveillance equipment to take my mystery shopping to the next level. I've see one company has loads available in my region, and pay £50/£60 per shop if you have recording stuff!!! 

Enjoy the weekend! I'm going to continue to procrastinate about my pile of Ebaying!! xxx
    You've done brilliantly - try not to get despondent as you're just switching the way you count the extra income, and it will soon straighten itself out, and you will then feel like you're getting extra income without doing anything :)

Saying that, I've not done too brilliantly myself :)  but I know it's because I'm focussing on money saving too, with meal planning and batch cooking, and do seem to be saving loads :)  also trying to reduce energy usage.

Getting all the paperwork now from the FD bank switch for myself and OH and feeling bad about the environment as 6 envelopes popped through door one day and 2 envelopes the day after :o

I have managed to get 14 items onto EBay - BIN and no sales yet, but will see how it goes.  70% reduction on final fees for this weekend - not sure if it's applicable to everyone.

Make £10 a day 2024
    Jan £193.68/£280
  • CMD79
    CMD79 Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have money in the bank!!

£20 from (believe it or not!) Saturday's mystery shop! I only submitted it yesterday!! 
    £4.46 Sainsbury's vouchers
    £10.00 Nectar points

@holly_hobby thank you! It'd starting to catch up now! (Phew!)

Nice one with the FD switch! I found they paid really quickly, so hopefully you'll get that very soon! I'm doing my next one tomorrow! Well done on the Ebaying as well. xx
    November 2023

I'm always in it, it's only the depth that varies....

Current debt: £10,806.75
    Debt free date April 2025 (though expecting this to come forward)

• KAY_B_2
    Options
    I am rural and my son is a tree surgeon. My way of raising some extra cash is to cut up and store his logs until they are sufficiently seasoned and then sell them for £100 per trailer load. 
  • Makingabobor2
    edited 12 October 2022 at 11:20AM
    Options
    £6.21 from surveys so far today...

Challenges

EF #68  £105/£1000
    Christmas '24 £30 

NSDs May 8/15

• Hollie_Hobbie
    Options
    CMD79 said:
    I have money in the bank!!

£20 from (believe it or not!) Saturday's mystery shop! I only submitted it yesterday!! 
    £4.46 Sainsbury's vouchers
    £10.00 Nectar points

@holly_hobby thank you! It'd starting to catch up now! (Phew!)

Nice one with the FD switch! I found they paid really quickly, so hopefully you'll get that very soon! I'm doing my next one tomorrow! Well done on the Ebaying as well. xx
    Well done you!

Sold my first eBay! Really impressed how quickly money is in bank account - sold last night and in bank account today :)
    Make £10 a day 2024
    Jan £193.68/£280
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport