Challenge to make an extra £10 a day in October 2022 ~ everyone welcome.

Options

Comments

• CMD79
    CMD79 Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    TheBanker said:
    I just logged into Nationwide to start the process of earning £125 for switching a bank account to them. While I was there I noticed they've kindly paid me 24p interest. So my total so far is... 24p! :)
    Woohoo!! Your off! Got to start somewhere and 24p is 24p!  <3
    November 2023

I'm always in it, it's only the depth that varies....

Current debt: £10,806.75
    Debt free date April 2025 (though expecting this to come forward)

• CMD79
    Options
    Money making faded at end of last month but made £236.34 so happy with that.

Going to aim for £10 a day again - going to do some bank switches for myself and OH, and force myself to eBay. Have lots to sell but just need to do it 🙂
    That's brilliant! My OH just got his £175 paid into his account yesterday, so he (who is not drowning in debt and earns a good living) has treated him to a load of wine!

That is very much the problem with selling...the just getting on and doing it part.  :#
    November 2023

• CMD79
    Options
    I've got a £4.82 Sainsbury's voucher I just found today! (It is mine! just didn't know I had it!) So, it's a start. I AM 100% getting up and doing some surveys tomorrow! I want to somehow make some actual cash tomorrow. I also have a play pen that is brand new to dig out and sell, so I'm hoping to get up and running with that!
    November 2023

• TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got £45 cashback through Top Cashback for changing my breakdown cover from the AA to RAC. I'm not going to count it for this challenge though because it says it takes an average 26 weeks to track. Still, it'll help with the March 2023 challenge :) I also received my first £66 electricity credit from the government - not counting that either given what's happened to the electric bill!

I spent yesterday opening new savings accounts, moving money around to optimise interest payments, and setting up standing orders to meet all the minimum pay in requirements. And I started a bank account switch to Nationwide which should earn me £125 (to add to the 24p interest :wink: ). Felt like quite a productive day!

I claim a total of £10.56 so far made up of little bits of bank interest and cashback that I've claimed. 
  • CMD79
    Options
    TheBanker said:
    I got £45 cashback through Top Cashback for changing my breakdown cover from the AA to RAC. I'm not going to count it for this challenge though because it says it takes an average 26 weeks to track. Still, it'll help with the March 2023 challenge :) I also received my first £66 electricity credit from the government - not counting that either given what's happened to the electric bill!

I spent yesterday opening new savings accounts, moving money around to optimise interest payments, and setting up standing orders to meet all the minimum pay in requirements. And I started a bank account switch to Nationwide which should earn me £125 (to add to the 24p interest :wink: ). Felt like quite a productive day!

I claim a total of £10.56 so far made up of little bits of bank interest and cashback that I've claimed. 
    That's brilliant! I'm was counting as I had earned it before, but I think I agree with you, I'm going to switch to counting as the money is in my hand/bank/PayPal this month. I think this could help me to focus on the little daily effort rather than the big ticket things that don't pay out straight away.  <3
    November 2023

• Hollie_Hobbie
    Options
    Both me and OH have applied for bank switches so that's £350 hopefully to come at some point - might have to be for next month's challenge.

Also done this week's meal planning and some batch cooking which I think helps reduce grocery spends.

Still avoiding the eBay pile ....
    Make £10 a day 2024
    Jan £193.68/£280
  • CMD79
    Options
    Both me and OH have applied for bank switches so that's £350 hopefully to come at some point - might have to be for next month's challenge.

Also done this week's meal planning and some batch cooking which I think helps reduce grocery spends.

When I changed to first, as soon as I'd met the DD and pay in following them closing my LLoyds accuont, they paid within a couple of days. It was really quick! I saw Natwest's deal doesn't pay out until January, but I'm doing that one next I think!  :)

Ditto! Still avoiding the Ebaying! I can't do it! I just can't! (I know I have to!!  :s
    November 2023

• Hollie_Hobbie
    Options
    CMD79 said:

When I changed to first, as soon as I'd met the DD and pay in following them closing my LLoyds accuont, they paid within a couple of days. It was really quick! I saw Natwest's deal doesn't pay out until January, but I'm doing that one next I think!  :)

Ditto! Still avoiding the Ebaying! I can't do it! I just can't! (I know I have to!!  :s
    Oo would be good if it's that quick ☺️

I'm even contemplating doing the paperwork to avoid the eBay 😂
    Make £10 a day 2024
    Jan £193.68/£280
  • dizzytina
    dizzytina Posts: 777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m a bit late to the party but can I join please. First time joining so I’m going to aim for £5 a day and see how I go on 😊
    V 12500 B 8300 N 1900 Oct £51/£155
  • CMD79
    Options
    CMD79 said:

Oo would be good if it's that quick ☺️

I'm even contemplating doing the paperwork to avoid the eBay 😂
    Ah don't! I sorted my pension out last week because it was that or the ebaying!
    November 2023

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback