Challenge to make an extra £10 a day in October 2022 ~ everyone welcome.

Options

Comments

• CMD79
    CMD79 Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    dizzytina said:
    Hi everyone, I’m a bit late to the party but can I join please. First time joining so I’m going to aim for £5 a day and see how I go on 😊
    Hi @dizzytina !

Welcome! If you want something to make it easy https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/#nationwideswitch 

I'm opening my fifth bank account this evening for a tidy £200!! (I've opened a 'burner' account with Monzo, set up 2 DDs with them and now am switching - again!!) 

:D 
    November 2023

I'm always in it, it's only the depth that varies....

Current debt: £10,806.75
    Debt free date April 2025 (though expecting this to come forward)

• Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 2,981 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Going to join from the start of the month this time, as I was late to the party last month. Aiming for £5 a day, and today I managed £5.48 cashed out from surveys.  Good luck everybody. 
    Making the debt go down and savings go up

LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £32,521

Mortgage 05/24 £16700 Officially ends June '26 but plan to be MF sooner
    Total OPs 2022 - £240   2023 - £1766
    OPs so far in 2024 £660.00

Challenges

EF #68  £105/£1000
    1p a Day '24 #12  £95.49/£667.  SPC '24 #41 £14.55
    Christmas '24 £30 

Make £5 a day - May £90.36/£155            
    NSDs May 9/15

My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-down-the-savings-up

• Hollie_Hobbie
    Options
    CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:
    Both me and OH have applied for bank switches so that's £350 hopefully to come at some point - might have to be for next month's challenge.

Also done this week's meal planning and some batch cooking which I think helps reduce grocery spends.

Still avoiding the eBay pile ....
    When I changed to first, as soon as I'd met the DD and pay in following them closing my LLoyds accuont, they paid within a couple of days. It was really quick! I saw Natwest's deal doesn't pay out until January, but I'm doing that one next I think!  :)

Ditto! Still avoiding the Ebaying! I can't do it! I just can't! (I know I have to!!  :s
    Oo would be good if it's that quick ☺️

I'm even contemplating doing the paperwork to avoid the eBay 😂
    Ah don't! I sorted my pension out last week because it was that or the ebaying!
    Managed to make a start - decided to target myself to list 2 a day - so listed 2 yesterday and another 2 today - BIN so will see how they go 😊
    Make £10 a day 2024
    Jan £193.68/£280
  • Hollie_Hobbie
    Options
    CMD79 said:
    dizzytina said:
    Hi everyone, I’m a bit late to the party but can I join please. First time joining so I’m going to aim for £5 a day and see how I go on 😊
    Hi @dizzytina !

Welcome! If you want something to make it easy https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/#nationwideswitch 

I'm opening my fifth bank account this evening for a tidy £200!! (I've opened a 'burner' account with Monzo, set up 2 DDs with them and now am switching - again!!) 

I didn't spot that there is a £200 switch - will do this one next, once my First Direct switches complete ☺️
    Make £10 a day 2024
    Jan £193.68/£280
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:
    Both me and OH have applied for bank switches so that's £350 hopefully to come at some point - might have to be for next month's challenge.

Also done this week's meal planning and some batch cooking which I think helps reduce grocery spends.

Still avoiding the eBay pile ....
    When I changed to first, as soon as I'd met the DD and pay in following them closing my LLoyds accuont, they paid within a couple of days. It was really quick! I saw Natwest's deal doesn't pay out until January, but I'm doing that one next I think!  :)

Ditto! Still avoiding the Ebaying! I can't do it! I just can't! (I know I have to!!  :s
    Oo would be good if it's that quick ☺️

I'm even contemplating doing the paperwork to avoid the eBay 😂
    Ah don't! I sorted my pension out last week because it was that or the ebaying!
    Managed to make a start - decided to target myself to list 2 a day - so listed 2 yesterday and another 2 today - BIN so will see how they go 😊
    Wow - I was going to start a Nationwide switch last week, when they were offering £125. Didn't get round to it so now I can get £200. Amazing! 
  • CMD79
    Options
    CMD79 said:
    dizzytina said:
    Hi @dizzytina !

I didn't spot that there is a £200 switch - will do this one next, once my First Direct switches complete ☺️
    I think it was just added today. I opened a First and then tried to switch...and they wouldn't let Santander close the account saying the information I provided was incorrect. It wasn't though. So I don't know if that was a one off glitch, or because I'd claimed the £150 to switch to them. That's why I have opened a 'burner' account with Monzo, so I don't risk losing out! Santander did sort it, but it did unnerve me a little.
    November 2023

• Hollie_Hobbie
    Options
    CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:
    dizzytina said:
    Hi @dizzytina !

I think it was just added today. I opened a First and then tried to switch...and they wouldn't let Santander close the account saying the information I provided was incorrect. It wasn't though. So I don't know if that was a one off glitch, or because I'd claimed the £150 to switch to them. That's why I have opened a 'burner' account with Monzo, so I don't risk losing out! Santander did sort it, but it did unnerve me a little.
    Gosh sounds stressful!

We've already got 'spare' current accounts which we're using for the switches. Will need to check requirements though as to whether DD's are required or not.

Wondering whether it's worth opening 'burner' accounts so can do switches at same time instead of waiting for one to finish, so don't miss out 
    Make £10 a day 2024
    Jan £193.68/£280
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I need a new burner account. I've just started switching mine to Nationwide, but I won't be switching it on from there due to wanting the 5% interest. I want to take advantage of First Direct, then Santander if they re-run their offer. 
  • CMD79
    Options
    TheBanker said:
    I need a new burner account. I've just started switching mine to Nationwide, but I won't be switching it on from there due to wanting the 5% interest. I want to take advantage of First Direct, then Santander if they re-run their offer. 
    Yeah, same! That's fantastic at 5%! I think they have them fairly frequently from speaking to a lady on the phone. 

@Hollie_Hobbie I think they all require a minimum of 2 DDs to qualify for the switch incentive. If that makes it really complicated, I just looked up and for example, you can set-up a DD to donate to RSPA £2 per month, which you can then cancel once the incentive has been paid out.
    November 2023

• Hollie_Hobbie
    Options
    CMD79 said:
    TheBanker said:
    Yeah, same! That's fantastic at 5%! I think they have them fairly frequently from speaking to a lady on the phone. 

@Hollie_Hobbie I think they all require a minimum of 2 DDs to qualify for the switch incentive. If that makes it really complicated, I just looked up and for example, you can set-up a DD to donate to RSPA £2 per month, which you can then cancel once the incentive has been paid out.
    Oh heck, I've just assumed that if it didn't mention DD's in the Notes they weren't required. Will have to check again - thank you!
    Make £10 a day 2024
    Jan £193.68/£280
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport