Challenge to make an extra £10 a day in October 2022 ~ everyone welcome.

Options

Comments

• TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    CMD79 said:
    TheBanker said:
    I need a new burner account. I've just started switching mine to Nationwide, but I won't be switching it on from there due to wanting the 5% interest. I want to take advantage of First Direct, then Santander if they re-run their offer. 
    @Hollie_Hobbie I think they all require a minimum of 2 DDs to qualify for the switch incentive. If that makes it really complicated, I just looked up and for example, you can set-up a DD to donate to RSPA £2 per month, which you can then cancel once the incentive has been paid out.
    Please be careful using charity DDs - they do incur admin costs setting them up so if you only give £2 then cancel it, this may be detrimental to the charity. Perhaps let it run for a couple of months so the charity gets a small benefit from your switching bonus as a 'thank you' for providing a DD? (and remember the gift aid if you're a tax payer).

If you have a PayPal account you can set up a DD through there which provides another option. 
  • TheBanker
    Options
    Here's an interesting thing. I started doing surveys this week.

Got one at the weekend which asked for my views on a range of subjects including whether the 45p tax rate should have been cut, whether we should send immigrants to Rwanda, and if Universal Credit should rise in line with inflation. It's almost like my answers have set the script for the Conservative party conference! Probably the most interesting 50p I've earned recently :)
  • CMD79
    CMD79 Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    TheBanker said:

Got one at the weekend which asked for my views on a range of subjects including whether the 45p tax rate should have been cut, whether we should send immigrants to Rwanda, and if Universal Credit should rise in line with inflation. It's almost like my answers have set the script for the Conservative party conference! Probably the most interesting 50p I've earned recently :)
    That's a good point about the admin costs for charities. I'm okay with having my DDs spread across a dozen accounts, so I haven't set any up with charities, but if I do, I wouldn't want to inadvertently cost them money.

Well, that IS interesting! They asked amongst themselves, 'Lads, what should we do about these really important topics?' 'Erm, I dunno. Let's do a survey from a pool of randomers - doesn't matter if their educated in the subject matter or not - and we'll just go with it!' 

And Bob's your uncle.... The Conservative Party has a plan in action!
    November 2023

I'm always in it, it's only the depth that varies....

Current debt: £10,806.75
    Debt free date April 2025 (though expecting this to come forward)

• TheBanker
    Options
    CMD79 said:
    TheBanker said:

That's a good point about the admin costs for charities. I'm okay with having my DDs spread across a dozen accounts, so I haven't set any up with charities, but if I do, I wouldn't want to inadvertently cost them money.

Well, that IS interesting! They asked amongst themselves, 'Lads, what should we do about these really important topics?' 'Erm, I dunno. Let's do a survey from a pool of randomers - doesn't matter if their educated in the subject matter or not - and we'll just go with it!' 

I'm pretty sure it was on behalf of the Conservatives - they also wanted to know how I voted in the Brexit referendum, who I voted for in the last General Election and who I would vote for if there was an election today.

Obviously we have to keep politics off this thread so I won't say how I answered any of the questions. But I will say that if they're basing their policies on internet surveys, that might explain why there's so much 'confusion' about what the policies actually are!
  • Hollie_Hobbie
    Options
    TheBanker said:
    CMD79 said:
    TheBanker said:

I'm pretty sure it was on behalf of the Conservatives - they also wanted to know how I voted in the Brexit referendum, who I voted for in the last General Election and who I would vote for if there was an election today.

Obviously we have to keep politics off this thread so I won't say how I answered any of the questions. But I will say that if they're basing their policies on internet surveys, that might explain why there's so much 'confusion' about what the policies actually are!
    And pretty worrying if they base their policies on internet surveys 😯 but things are pretty worrying anyway ...

£6.60 today for me from bank cashback.
    Make £10 a day 2024
    Jan £193.68/£280
  • Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 2,974 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    £9  today for me from surveys. 
    Making the debt go down and savings go up

LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £32,521

Mortgage 05/24 £16700 Officially ends June '26 but plan to be MF sooner
    Total OPs 2022 - £240   2023 - £1766
    OPs so far in 2024 £660.00

Challenges

EF #68  £105/£1000
    1p a Day '24 #12  £95.49/£667.  SPC '24 #41 £14.55
    Christmas '24 £30 

Make £5 a day - May £77.44/£155            
    NSDs May 8/15

My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-down-the-savings-up

• CMD79
    CMD79 Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That's great!! Who are you doing them with and how long did you spend? I definitely need to do better with surveys for the rest of the month...  <3
    November 2023

I'm always in it, it's only the depth that varies....

Current debt: £10,806.75
    Debt free date April 2025 (though expecting this to come forward)

• Makingabobor2
    Options
    Another £5 from Surveys today

Challenges

EF #68  £105/£1000
    Christmas '24 £30 

NSDs May 8/15

My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-down-the-savings-up

• Makingabobor2
    edited 7 October 2022 at 5:30PM
    Options
    CMD79 said:
    That's great!! Who are you doing them with and how long did you spend? I definitely need to do better with surveys for the rest of the month...  <3
    My best paying ones seem to be from Prolific. Curious Cats is quite good....about £4 from them so far this month, but they are mind numbingly slow & boring. But as they are on an app I can do them while watching TV....lol. Swagbucks & Crowdology not too bad.   Obviously I'm not saying I make that amount every day with the surveys I've done that day,...IYSWIM, but these amounts are just when I've physically cashed out the rewards into my Paypal

Challenges

EF #68  £105/£1000
    Christmas '24 £30 

NSDs May 8/15

• TheBanker
    Options
    I'm at £57 - so a bit behind target but quite pleased with what I have. 

The good thing is £47 came from selling and surveys, which I wouldn't have done without this challenge. The other £10 is bits of bank interest and cashback that had built up.

If my bank account switch comes through I'll probably be pretty close to the target!

The other thing is I've been making better use of cashback sites etc so have some cashback pending to help with next month.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback