Economy 7 and ending of RTS (Radio Teleswitch Service)

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Stubod
    Stubod Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ta for the reply. Probably did not expalin myself very well regarding the "fuse boxes", I meant that we have had a "new" mains meter fitted, (similar to those pictures I have just noted on this thread), and when this was installed we also had the "new generation" smart meter. We still have the same / original fuse boxes, one that is powered 24/7, and another that is just linked to the storage heaters and is only powered / live between midnight and 7.00 am...
    .."It's everybody's fault but mine...."
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Stubod said:
    I meant that we have had a "new" mains meter fitted ... when this was installed we also had the "new generation" smart meter.
    If you have a smart meter then you don't have a radio teleswitch (RTS) and none of this applies. Smart meter services will continue as normal.
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • PHMAL
    PHMAL Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Elexon and ENA have told me RTS will most likely be extended to April 2025. Hopefully there will be an official update soon. 
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PHMAL said:
    Elexon and ENA have told me RTS will most likely be extended to April 2025. Hopefully there will be an official update soon. 
    ★ December 2025 is the absolute deadline to replace RTS;
    ★ Customers with RTS meters should be switched over by Summer 2025 to ensure 2025 target is reached;
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback