We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

RWG top up?

Options

Comments

• Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Me too texting info ukrwg0.  I'd tried today as I'd used my phone more than normal.

Possibly a daft question, can a text message such as info ukrwg0 be saved and used in the same way a phone number contact such as 669# ?
  • virgo17
    virgo17 Posts: 957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SMS balance check still seems to be failing Saturday AM.

• twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 5,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    As the comment about excellent customer service was a draw has anyone tried contacting them about this?
    It would be an interesting thing as that put out there on the internet is quite a draw for people searching.

viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

• Murmansk
    Murmansk Posts: 971 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

Possibly a daft question, can a text message such as info ukrwg0 be saved and used in the same way a phone number contact such as 669# ?
    No, what I do is go into the previous thread of messages and find one of the ones containing "info etc" and select it, then go Forward and forward it to 669. It's easier to enter 669 than the code
  • alanjones60
    Options
    twopenny said:
    As the comment about excellent customer service was a draw has anyone tried contacting them about this?
    It would be an interesting thing as that put out there on the internet is quite a draw for people searching.
    Was going to ring them,then forgot.
    They closed weekends
  • alanjones60
    Options
    Balance text is now working again
  • Murmansk
    Murmansk Posts: 971 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Balance text is now working again
    I think they must have restarted their Sinclair Spectrum!
  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 1,188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I moved to rwg a couple of weeks ago. Had a similar problem with the info text but found when I was typing 669 it was automatically putting in hashtags and stars. Once I. made sure I took them out it started to work and get almost immediate responses. In my contacts it is identified as "rwg balance" for the bundle info and "get balance" to ring for the credit balance. As regards topping up I did that online but could you not ring 669 and give them a credit or debit card?
  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 5,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sheesh I guess you don't get something for nothing.
    They close weekends and problems contacting. Site wobbling.
    As they say 'it's a jungle out there'
    Woke up dreaming about the ins and outs of which provider  last night.

viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

• savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 1,188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    As someone who fell foul of 1p mobile's change to rounding up to £2.50 every month last October (not long after topping up for 12 months) and who has just escaped the asda hike all i can say is be prepared for the offer to turn sour. Having got myself set up on rwg with no fuss (ordered a free sim, checked it worked in a spare phone, followed the link for the one off top up, then checked my balance after  the first text) I did the same for oh and dd. One mild worry as followed the link on here for the £5 offer for daughter (as will prob lose phone) and was saying zero balance for 48 hours (probably because I did it on a saturday). Not very clear when the new month's bundle kicks in but unlikely to max out anyway. The free monthly bundle for a one off £5 top up on rwg would equate to £3.50 every month on 1p. The free bundle after £15 would be £9.50. 1p mobile only works out for VERY inconsistent usage imo, like a lot of calls one month, a lot of data another, and no usage for months on end. If you go with rwg and find you are eating into your balance their £3.50 per month bundle could be worthwhile too, not much more than 1p mobile on average and giving you the equivalent of £20 worth of data and unlimited calls and texts.
    And although customer service may not work weekends I can confirm that the sim does (so long as you topup before saturday).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback