Kent reliance

Options

Comments

• shellk82
    shellk82 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Everyone, We have been waiting 13 weeks for an offer from Kent! Ours has now been escalated by our mortgage adviser but they still don't have an update for us. Kent have responded to say that they are extremely busy with everyone working overtime and they are working through the applications on date order. It has been nothing but a nightmare. We are starting to wonder why we even started the process. 
  • festival_flow
    Options
    @shellk82 this is awful news. So sorry to hear this. Is it because it’s a complex building or case? Is there no other lender you could try? Hope you don’t lose out on your new home. Can’t imagine how stressed you must feel. 
  • Atena
    Atena Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Kent Reliance website shows 16 days for initial underwriting today which has gone down from 18 days 
  • Doorlock21
    Doorlock21 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I heard from Kent reliance last week to say it’s a 20-22 days turnaround so it’s incorrect on their website 
  • shellk82
    shellk82 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @shellk82 this is awful news. So sorry to hear this. Is it because it’s a complex building or case? Is there no other lender you could try? Hope you don’t lose out on your new home. Can’t imagine how stressed you must feel. 
    Not a complex building or case. Pretty straight forward. It is just Kent's turnaround times that is holding everything up. They ask for more and more information which they already have. I think it is just a really disjointed process with them. We have already lost our sons place in secondary school and now worried we may lose the house. I would never go with Kent again.
  • Atena
    Options
    Just had an update from my broker that my application won't be looked at until at least 2nd of August 
  • festival_flow
    Options
    Atena said:
    Just had an update from my broker that my application won't be looked at until at least 2nd of August 
    We applied just after you and been told we’ll have an answer by august 5th 
  • festival_flow
    Options
    I heard from Kent reliance last week to say it’s a 20-22 days turnaround so it’s incorrect on their website 
    Have you heard anything yet? 
  • Atena
    Options
    Atena said:
    I was told it will not be looked at before 2nd so I don't really expect an answer. My MB said they may come back asking for more 
  • festival_flow
    Options
    Atena said:
    Atena said:
    I was told it will not be looked at before 2nd so I don't really expect an answer. My MB said they may come back asking for more 
    I suppose we just have to wait and see and keep hopeful. You already had your survey  didn’t you? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback