C1 Scotland Inventory

Options

Comments

• ned_nederlander
    Options
    Cheers Buddy - will try and submit it (again) tomorrow.

The staff at the Sheriff's Office have been brand new so far it has to be said
  • ned_nederlander
    ned_nederlander Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    edited 22 October 2022 at 11:02AM
    Options
    buddy9 said:

That I am

the executor nominate of the said deceased conform to his will dated the [date/month/year] herewith exhibited and docquetted and signed by me as relative hereto and that I am a nephew of the said deceased.
    Thanks again buddy9 - that version was accepted.

Since the thread is about the C1 (2022) Inventory I've attached a screengrab of my accepted version.

Thanks to everyone who assisted.  
  • Can anyone advise on what to write in the declaration section of the C1 form..section 3 where the name is entered and the word sheriffdom is used..thats all i could get from the Sheriff's office? I think i can manage the rest with the posts on here, but this section has been rejected thus far. Any help appreciated.

• buddy9
    buddy9 Posts: 470 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Can anyone advise on what to write in the declaration section of the C1 form..section 3 where the name is entered and the word sheriffdom is used..thats all i could get from the Sheriff's office? I think i can manage the rest with the posts on here, but this section has been rejected thus far. Any help appreciated.
    reference to 'sheriffdom' could relate to the second box in para 1 of page 2.

reference to 'name' could be in a number of places.

What did you enter in 'section 3'? 
  • I only put my name in it thought, naively, that would do...but she mentioned that i had to use some legalspeak that included the word sheriffdom referring to the place he lived in ..and the word sheriffdom stuck with me
  • It starts with..that i, my name, have entered or am about to enter, upon possession and management ..etc.
  • buddy9
    buddy9 Posts: 470 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options

Bondfanmostordinary   
    Would you be able to post a redacted copy of page 2 of your rejected C1
  • GhibliFan
    GhibliFan Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I only put my name in it thought, naively, that would do...but she mentioned that i had to use some legalspeak that included the word sheriffdom referring to the place he lived in ..and the word sheriffdom stuck with me
    Do you mean the para beginning "That I am...."?  

Or this...

The Sheriffdom reference is before that. "The deceased [you fill in full name here] died on etc etc...domiciled in the [you fill in The Sheriffdom of *.....* in Scotland] *....* denotes whatever Sheriffdom is applicable to deceased's home.  Mine was North Strathclyde (for Greenock).
  • GhibliFan
    GhibliFan Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 31 January 2023 at 1:29PM
    Options
    @Bondfanmostordinary sorry, I just noticed you said it's "That I am".  This is what I used. This is if you were the Executor or Executrix as said in the Will. If that's not your situation you'll have to change it to reflect that.

That I am:

Executrix Nominate* of the said deceased [deceased name here] conform to the will dated and signed [date Will signed here] which is exhibited, docquetted and signed as relative hereto.

The next para starts, "That I [your name here] have entered or [am] about to enter...etc etc....as [Executor or Executrix as appropriate here] foresaid along with the said [put in the box below any other Executors name]".  I left the box blank as I was Sole Executrix and just filled in my name and Executrix in the appropriate box or drop-down menu. 

Does that help?

*You probably already know but Nominate means you were named as Executor in the Will. If you were appointed by a Court or there is no Will, that wording would not be suitable.
  • Thanks, all i'll have a look at this later when i have some time and see if i can revise it. I'll come back with any queries, but thank your help and guidance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback