Modern washing machines

Comments

• nyermen
    nyermen Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Its likely that where the washing machine is plumbed in, there is a stop valve or similar - any chance that its not open fully so that the machine doesn't get enough water?  (that said, washing machines should give an alert if there isn't enough water flow / pressure).  Also - is it flat/level (newer iphones have a built in level sensor)

I dont have experience of Bosch washing machines, but for what its worth I hate my Bosch dishwasher due to it being a "jet dry" model (no drying cycle heating element) and everything comes out wet :(
    Peter

Debt free - finally finished paying off £20k + Interest.
  • ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Can't say I have heard Mrs O complaining about that, her rock down at the river seems to be 100% reliable even after several million years.
    😂🤣

@IvanOpinion I’m starting to wonder if a rock at the river might do a better job! 
  • ripplyuk
    There’s nothing wrong with the water pressure/inlet etc. The pressure is excellent. The machine isn’t faulty either. It’s been the same since brand new and the same with the last two washers. My friends complain of the same issues and my granny has actually gone back to hand-washing a lot of things because she says she can do a better, quicker job herself. 

I think a lot of people have either got used to these rubbish modern machines or they never knew anything different so they don’t see a problem. 
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    nyermen said:

I dont have experience of Bosch washing machines, but for what its worth I hate my Bosch dishwasher due to it being a "jet dry" model (no drying cycle heating element) and everything comes out wet :(
    No washing machine has a drying cycle heating element. They just spin dry and then you hand the washing out to line dry.
    You need a tumble dryer or a washer-dryer with a tumble drying function if you don't want to line dry clothes.
  • jon81uk
    ripplyuk said:
    There’s nothing wrong with the water pressure/inlet etc. The pressure is excellent. The machine isn’t faulty either. It’s been the same since brand new and the same with the last two washers. My friends complain of the same issues and my granny has actually gone back to hand-washing a lot of things because she says she can do a better, quicker job herself. 

I think a lot of people have either got used to these rubbish modern machines or they never knew anything different so they don’t see a problem. 
    Yet you seem to be the only one on this thread who has an issue?

I found the more modern machine I had which washed in around an hour wasn't as good as the one that takes three hours.
  • cx6
    cx6 Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 24 February 2022 at 11:20AM
    I also add extra water to my washing machine (using a large watering can) on the wash cycle. 

If I don't, there seems to be very little water in it after the water finishes going in.

I like to see my water and suds.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    jon81uk said:
    nyermen said:

No washing machine has a drying cycle heating element. They just spin dry and then you hand the washing out to line dry.
    You need a tumble dryer or a washer-dryer with a tumble drying function if you don't want to line dry clothes.
    They said their dishwasher doesn't have a dryer element...  I've never found that to be an issue, mostly because I don't ever need to get stuff out again straightaway so I can just open the door a few inches and put away later/next morning.

As for the OP.   We have a Bosch washing machine (maybe 7 years old now?) and have had none of the described problems.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • jon81uk
    NBLondon said:
    jon81uk said:
    nyermen said:

They said their dishwasher doesn't have a dryer element...  I've never found that to be an issue, mostly because I don't ever need to get stuff out again straightaway so I can just open the door a few inches and put away later/next morning.

As for the OP.   We have a Bosch washing machine (maybe 7 years old now?) and have had none of the described problems.
    Oops, as the whole discussion is on washing machines I didn’t notice that post was about a dishwasher! 
    Our dishwasher opens the door at the end of the cycle to let the steam out which is very helpful.
  • ripplyuk
    edited 24 February 2022 at 4:37PM
    And yet more damage today. My partner’s cargo pants. Less than 2mths old. 

• Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 3,146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    ripplyuk said:

What brand and model is it? You don't seem to have specified...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback