IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones solicitors

Options
Hi I received post yesterday with a letter from gladestones solicitors asking me to pay them £510 with a £70 fee this is from 2017 I’ve read loads on trust pilot etc that this company is a scam what do I do ?  

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 February 2022 at 8:16PM
    Options
    That is amazing.

So out of the blue, with no other contact from anyone, you get a letter from a solicitor demanding money?

Did they give you any clues on why they think you should pay them over £500?

With that level of information it is going to be very difficult for anyone to offer any guidance.

The first question is...
    Is this anything to do with an alleged parking incident?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yeah there is dates 
    26/10/2017
    27/10/2017
    03/11/2017

i haven’t received any other post or information as I moved house

it says they got my details form Experian 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If I am in the wrong I will pay it but I just don’t want to be scammed I’ve read how they’ve been really bad in the past as people was paying them money and they was still issuing them ccjs and no proof of payment made 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 4 February 2022 at 10:08PM
    Options
    You won't be paying it but you can't ignore this.

You need to settle down and read what to do at LBC stage.  Second post of the NEWBIES thread.

See my signature.  Please don't ask for another link, it's already at the top of the page to hop back to page one and read NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST.

Don't use a phone to use this forum because you need to read the resources properly.

No ringing them.  No panicking.

NO PAYING!

You will be replying in a certain way, as shown in the second post of the NEWBIES thread and will be telling Gs to 'erase' your old address.

The missed letters problem is your car was registered on the logbook to an old address.  Is that still true?  Check, if you still own that car.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The problem is I did ring them and I only have a phone I don’t have a computer 
    thanks for your help I guess I lost by calling them 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I panicked and got scared 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I don’t own the car I sold it years ago 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Phoning them was silly but hasn't blown it!

I am using a phone right now (but I am very familiar with this forum) and what I told you to look for is right where I told you to look.

Stop panicking and read the advice.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank you I have emailed the company. uk car park management for the sar and shall continue. Many thanks to everyone and yourself 
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Luke, have you read the newbies?  Have you read other threads?  Have you complained to your MP/  
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback