IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private permit dropped from windscreen- accept or decline 20 pounds reduced fine.

hi mser's
my private residential permit dropped from windscreen I assume shortly after driving latest Dec' purchased EV.
I appealed yet my blue badge and photo of parking permit has declined to withdraw penalty due to pass not being displayed.

I'm furious as I purchased this flat 2009 years ahead of PCN being brought in.
Is there any further Appeal route if possible.

t.i.a.
Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Yes, PLAN A as described in the NEWBIES thread.  Always try that before appealing.  See my signature for where to click on the link at the top of the page to get back a step and read the NEWBIES thread.

Which PPC infests your home car park?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Yes, PLAN A as described in the NEWBIES thread.  Always try that before appealing.  See my signature for where to click on the link at the top of the page to get back a step and read the NEWBIES thread.

PPC - please explain as it could be factor driven.

thanks
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 24 January 2022 at 5:16PM
    All acronyms are also explained in the NEWBIES thread.  Newbies are encouraged to read it first, before posting, as it tells you what to do and how, with templates.

Saves us drowning on threads.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Dandytf said:

PPC = Private Parking Company.

You mention 'factor driven'. Are you in Scotland?
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Decline, it almost certainly is invalid as your lease/AST is likely to trump it.   Read these, google "primacy of contract", read other residential threads ,  and, other residential threads, and complain to your MP>

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2016/11/residential-parking.html

https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/forum/residential-letting-questions/1053920-private-parking-companies

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/324523-ukpc-liable-for-trespass-success/ 
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Dandytf
    KeithP said:
    Dandytf said:

yes Scotland thanks as I mentioned in appeal  I purchased flat 2009,pcn were quite a few years later due to non residents taking up private spaces.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Dandytf said:
    KeithP said:
    Dandytf said:

yes Scotland thanks as I mentioned in appeal  I purchased flat 2009,pcn were quite a few years later due to non residents taking up private spaces.
    So complain to the management company , get it cancelled , your vehicle should be on a whitelist , exempt anyway , as a resident , check what your contract or lease says about displaying a permit , or doesn't say

Which parking company ?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 24 January 2022 at 11:39PM
    If you decide not to pay the £20 nothing will happen because you are in Scotland and you don't yet have the Keeper Liability law that we have in England.

However, that power for PPCs is coming into Scotland this year (won't be retrospective).  Things will be more difficult for people against PPCs after that, in Scotland, and some might start trying Scottish court claims.

Be aware not to fall foul of PPCs in future but you can ignore this one, apart from complaining to the factor/owner and telling them you wish to 'opt out' YOUR space from the thug enforcement.

There is NO FAIR APPEAL until the Governments set up the promised, independent Single Appeals Service.

Get yourself opted out of this 'enforcement' asap.  You don't have to show a permit for your space.

Which PPC?

• Dandytf
    @Coupon-mad

Excel Parking.
    I've mistakenly gone past 20 pounds offer the  ppc website has reverted to 100 pounds.

thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback