Forever Starts Now

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,792 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    That's nice that the kids wanted to join in with goal making 😊 what a lovely family activity for the evening. 

And great to have your invoices paid too, hooray! 

We're both full of cold so not much activity here - in fact we'll probably spend the evening in separate rooms with separate boxes of tissues, then I'll go to bed early and he'll sit mindlessly front of the TV then go to bed in a separate room - same as every night since before Christmas 🙄😂

Still, I have already been pottering about plotting and scheming for next year, and plan to do some more of that this evening 😊 Hope you have a good one!
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 January 2023 at 2:53PM
    Options
    We actually stayed up til midnight. That hardly ever happens but both kids wanted to. I was probably in bed about 12.10am!!  :D 

Had a quiet day. I cleaned out the chickens, fresh new bedding for them, went to my mum's for lunch, came home, ran a mile on the treadmill for Day 1 of RED January and now I'm making a plan for tomorrow.

It's supposed to be dry here tomorrow so my plan is to do the following:
    • prune pear trees x2
    • prune apple tree
    • plant lettuce in long tub
    • plant chillies in smaller pots
    • clean bird feeders
    • move the pot with the strawberries inside
    • Help DH make fire lighters
    • DS is planning to make cookies
    • washing
    that should keep me busy. 
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,792 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ooh, that's a very productive list! 
  • starnac
    Options
    Ooh, that's a very productive list! 
    Thanks Cheery. I'm trying to make use of the dry weather today. It's back to rain for the rest of the week! 
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • starnac
    Options
    starnac said:
    We actually stayed up til midnight. That hardly ever happens but both kids wanted to. I was probably in bed about 12.10am!!  :D 

Had a quiet day. I cleaned out the chickens, fresh new bedding for them, went to my mum's for lunch, came home, ran a mile on the treadmill for Day 1 of RED January and now I'm making a plan for tomorrow.

It's supposed to be dry here tomorrow so my plan is to do the following:
    • prune pear trees x2
    • prune apple tree
    • plant lettuce in long tub
    • plant chillies in smaller pots
    • clean bird feeders
    • move the pot with the strawberries inside
    • Help DH make fire lighters
    • DS is planning to make cookies
    • washing
    that should keep me busy. 
    Well it doesn't look like I was very productive but like always, one job turns into another and I wanted to make the most of the dry weather and work outside. 

DH built me a workbench/potting bench in the downstairs conservatory so I can get the potting done tomorrow. 

The main thing was pruning the fruit trees. I looked up "things to do in the garden in January" and made a list of all the things that were relevant to us. Pruning the fruit trees came top. We have two mature pear trees and a mature apple tree currently in the garden so I pruned both of those. DH took down some big branches of other trees that were overhanging our fence (our trees, hanging over into the lane) and took out a tree that was dead. 

He shifted some wood around, so the ones that are dry came into the indoor woodstore downstairs and the ones that need drying were stacked either in the shed or the outside woodstore. Judging by the amount we have used in the year we have been here, we should have about 2 years worth of wood. 

The inside jobs are now top of the list for tomorrow as apparently it's back to rain again. 
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You've both done loads, you've been *extremely* productive, well done you.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • starnac
    Options
    Karmacat said:
    You've both done loads, you've been *extremely* productive, well done you.
    Thanks KC. I'm being inspired by all the other productive people on MSE at the moment. Yourself included
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • starnac
    edited 4 January 2023 at 12:00PM
    Options
    Doing outside things yesterday was definitely the best idea. It is bucketing down here today! 

Today I need to:

• Plant chilli seeds
    • Plant lettuce
    • Take DS Welly shopping (for a school residential - his are too small so he's been wearing his sister's old ones but he understandably doesn't want to take pink flowery wellies with him on the residential)
    • Make firelighters
    • RED January - probably treadmill looking at the weather! 
    • Book dental hygienist for DD I tried but they won't book her as they haven't had a request from the orthodontist despite him telling me to book it 
    That should do
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • starnac
    Options
    Well I still haven't got round to planting my seeds!

DH managed to spill all the chicken feed over the floor, shopping with DS took longer than I thought, then we went to pick up some scaffolding boards from a guy about half an hour away for the veg beds. 

Trying to get a dental appointment for DD was also a nightmare. We've got to go back to the orthodontist and ask them to contact her regular dentist to request a clean. It's not even a major thing. She's just struggling to reach one part of her mouth now she has both a top and bottom brace. The dentist also commented that she hadn't been seen by them since 2019. I said no. I've been waiting for you to contact us to tell us you were back seeing patients after covid. "oh yes that's right" she said as though she'd forgotten they cancelled our appointments in 2020 and told us to wait for them to contact us!
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills