Forever Starts Now

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Huh, dentists ... I really, really need to book an ordinary hygiene appointment.  Okay, that goes on my list.

But "seed planting" was on your list, even if you haven't actually done it yet!  Is it that time?  Indoors/ containers, at least - every single seed would drown if I put it out there!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I finally got round to planting the seeds. They will stay inside on a sunny (ha!) windowsill until March when they can go in the greenhouse.

DH bought me a plantable calendar for Christmas which gives you seeds to plant every month. I also had a look on Gardener's World. That gave me a list of things to do in the garden in January. I plan to do this every month to try to keep on top of the garden and the planting/harvesting schedule. 

So that's the winter salad and chillies planted. I also potted my holly cutting. I would like to have a decent holly bush to enable me to take cuttings at Christmas to make a wreath and decorations to reduce the amount of plastic we use to decorate. 
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,780 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    That's a lovely idea, although I confess there'll be no seed starting round here til about April! 😂Do keep us informed of your progress though!
  • starnac
    Options
    That's the norm here too but I thought why not. Whether it comes to anything is another matter. We'll see I suppose :D 
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Good luck with it, starnac!
  • starnac
    Options
    Morning. It's a bit grey and overcast today but at least it's not as windy as it has been. And no rain at the moment so that's always a good thing. 

Last night we started stripping the wallpaper in the living room. We stripped one wall a while ago as we use that wall to project onto when we have movie night (it was textured paper so difficult to see the film). We stripped that and painted it white. Then left it. There is already two different kinds of wallpaper in this room anyway so a third wall with no wallpaper isn't going to be noticeable  :D 

Anyway DH and I decided that the living room would be our project for January as it is just stripping paper and painting it with paint we already have. We will have to spend some money on some electrical stuff in here but it shouldn't be much. 

We started stripping the paper last night and now only have one wall and a small bit of another wall to finish. The one wall that we left is mainly glass as we have double doors into the conservatory, so the wall itself is only a small part either side of the doors and a bit above it. We should get it all done by the weekend, then we can paint. 
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • Karmacat
    Options
    That's great, its also finishing a job you've already started, I like it.
  • starnac
    Options
    Ooh I've been missing for a few weeks. I find it difficult to get on here sometimes then the thought of catching up with all the diaries I subscribe to feels too overwhelming so I don't log on for longer and repeat! Then weeks and weeks go by. How does everyone else cope without logging in daily? 

Anyway I needed to come on here today as I feel I'm losing my grip on our finances a bit. Everything seems up in the air with the rise in cost of living etc and I don't feel like I am doing well. MSE has always been my grounding point so here I am. 

There seems to be too much month at the end of our money and I need to change that. I'm going to have a little look around then come back I think. Get my thoughts in order. 
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • starnac
    Options
    Well it's mother's day here today and I've had a lovely day to be honest. Went to my mum's for lunch (she loves cooking for us all) with my family, my sister and brother. Had a lovely lunch. My sister and I flipped a coin for who brought dessert and my sister won(?) so she brought blackberry and apple crumble. It was strange eating it out of season but all the fruit had been preserved since autumn so it was all local despite not being in season. 

I had been banned from downstairs downstairs yesterday (our house is 3 levels, but you enter on the middle floor. The living areas are on the middle floor, bedrooms are upstairs on the top floor and we have various rooms on the bottom floor or what the kids call "downstairs downstairs" 

Anyway I was banned from going down there yesterday, turns out DH had been helping the kids to make my mother's day present. Two planters for my veg garden. They are pretty big. My sister said I need to be careful placing them in the garden in case the neighbours think I'm burying a coffin :lol: I also got a large hot water flask. I had asked for the flask as we recently had solar panels installed and the app shows a spike in use every time I boil the kettle. Working from home means I boil it quite a bit. So the plan is to only boil it once, fill my flask then I can have tea all day without using electricity :lol: 
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,780 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ooh, what lovely presents!

If I've not logged in for a while, I sometimes just don't read back, and just jump back in where I am. Or I'll just pick one diary and comment on that, and my own, and leave the rest for next time - then next time catch up with a different one. Not perfect, but we can't all keep up with everything all the time! 

Nice to see you back 😊
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure