Options

Comments

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 January 2022 at 6:19PM
    Options
    Good evening all, 

Thanks @Seasidegal58, my back is almost back to normal today. I'm not doing anything too strenuous or stupid just to make sure it's fixed as I'm still getting the occasional twinge. 

Thanks @rugbymadfamily. I never thought of logging what I spend on LSDs. Usually it's food items because there are extra people to feed at short notice. 

Today was grocery shopping day and I spent £55 out of my £80 budget. I would usually just leave the extra in the grocery pot until the end of the month but that means the temptation to spend more is there so I may relocate it to the EF and help that grow a bit more quickly. 

My job seems to be safe for the moment. LAP's parents have said no to the first placement they were offered for him and there doesn't seem to be anything else in the pipeline at the moment. Every where is short staffed and his day centre has closed temporarily due to staff shortages so I'm actually doing more hours than usual next week. Not as many as I was offered as that would cause chaos with taking the HT to college but a few hours extra pay will help the cause. 

There was only me for lunch but three of us for dinner today. 

Take care all of you 😊
  • rugbymadfamily
    rugbymadfamily Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 4 January 2022 at 6:54PM
    Options
    Yeah I only log what I buy on LSDs as a way of checking that I am not creeping and spending when I dont need to (eg picking up pasta on way home as I forgot to get it in the weekly shop but we are having spag bol for dinner is fine...but buying yet another take away coffee is not!). Also stops me feeling guilty about not being a NSD when actually it was something needed!

Well done on grocery shop and good idea to send across to EF for the extra as long as it wont leave you short later in the week if need bread / milk or anything?

Good news on the job 😊
    Current mortgage (1 Jun 2022): £289,501 - originally £351,999 got to love London sized mortgages!
    OP Goal 2022 = 3.75% in OPs: £6,975 / £13,200
    Emergency Fund Target: 3 months saved ✅

• CRANKY40
    Options
    I have enough actual cash available if I need anything extra @rugbymadfamily. My looked after person's mum gave me £10 tonight that she owed me from before Christmas so I won't need anything out of my bank account as far as I can tell. 
  • WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,730 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    How did I miss your new diary? I’m always late to the party, but welcome back ⭐️
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 2lb so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• CRANKY40
    Options
    @WinterWarrior thanks. 
  • CRANKY40
    Options
    Good evening all, 

No spending to report today. Three people here for lunch and two people for dinner with afternoon snacks made for the HT and LAP. All food from cupcoards and fridge.

I had my afternoon snack at best friend's house after he'd had lunch here and after we'd been to look at wood for possible raised beds in his garden. We also fed the squirrels aka "the rascals". We have to spread the food out otherwise one greedy squirrel sits in the middle and smacks the others away until it's eaten everything. 

I've put two tubs of home made chilli into the freezer and one tub into the fridge for my dinner tomorrow. The cooking from scratch seems to be going well. I also made biscuits for best friend this morning as it's a way of making sure that he has dairy free snacks available. It's almost time to go and deliver LAP back to his family so I'd better go and get ready.  

Take care all of you 😊
  • Its_time
    Its_time Posts: 409 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I think I might be a squirrel, I could easily sit in amongst all the food and smack everyone else away till i've finished ........
    *Stop giving up what you really want for what you want now*
    *Face your fear, don't do what's easy, do what is right, fight for it because it will be worth it*
    January grocery budget £215.07/£250
    #18 The 365 day 1p challenge 2023 £108.50/£667.95
    #48 Saving £1 a day for Christmas 2023 challenge £31/£365 
    Emergency fund £83.98/£1000

• WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,730 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Its_time said:
    I think I might be a squirrel, I could easily sit in amongst all the food and smack everyone else away till i've finished ........
    My ex in laws used to do this at any gathering 🤣
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 2lb so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• CRANKY40
    Options
    Good morning all, 

Yesterday was a Low Spend Day as I bought a small tub of pineapple for HT's partner on my way back from dropping LAP off. I didn't use my bank card though, I paid cash from the money that LAP's mum reimburses me for his meals with. NSD today as I'll be staying in and making soup and a roast dinner. I still have some christmas leftover stuffing and pigs in blankets in the freezer (they'll be out on the counter defrosting soon) so dinner will be tasty. 

I'm trying to take things a bit easier just now as my back/hips are still a little bit sore. I've been able to stand up without having to climb up furniture for the last few days so I'm definitely a lot better. I've also made a meal plan for next week to stop me from buying random things in the supermarket. It's only easy meals but hopefully it will work. I'm not very good at meal planning as sometimes I don't fancy what's on the plan by the time we get to that day. There's a few bits from the freezer on it to try and make some space in there too. The trick will be not to fill them back up again as soon as I go shopping!

Take care all of you  😊
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,525 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I always intend to do a meal plan then get overwhelmed by it and give up. The weeks I have planned I’ve found it helpful to know what I’m having every day, although some things get bumped off if I don’t fancy them on the day. 
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback