Debt Reset....

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,437 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You’re very lucky to come back to find there’s any food left at all after two teenagers being left to their own devices 😆
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 December 2021 at 6:25PM
    Options
    @Sun_Addict we live a 5 minute walk away from the nearest Maccies. As there was a frappe cup on the draining board when I walked in this afternoon I assume that they lunched "a la Ronald". We're not in an inner city, it's just that the supermarket the other side of the bypass that runs alongside our estate has a branch of the fast food emporium previously mentioned. They've spent the rest of the day working through the contents of the cake tin and the pile of sweets and chocolate that they were given yesterday by the person that I spent the afternoon with today......

• Deni_debt-free_dreamer
    Options
    Hi Cranky just popping in to say hi.  I am also having oven chips for tea and i am definitely not a teenager :D
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • CRANKY40
    Options
    Hi @Deni_debt-free_dreamer. The oven chips are an extra fill up measure here with a meal that doesn't usually come with chips.....
  • CRANKY40
    Options
    Happy New Year to all of you 😊
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,437 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy New Year 🥳 
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • CRANKY40
    Options
    Good morning all,

Best friend and I stayed up gaming and chatting online to each other until midnight (I did see him in real life yesterday too, it's good to be able to call in for a coffee and a chat). I woke at 7am this morning with a migraine but took some tablets and it was gone when I woke up again at 8:30.

The HT and I went to London on Thursday to see an exhibition at the Tate Modern that he really wanted to see. Apart from the email at 6:50am telling us that our train was cancelled which led to a mad dash to get dressed and having to drive to the mainline station to get the earlier train (which left an hour after I read the email) we had a really good day out. 

Yesterday I took the tree down, put everything away and then cleaned the house from top to bottom so we have a clean shiny house to start the new year in. 

My new year plans are to try and regain some of the fitness and muscle tone that I lost when my knee locked and I could hardly walk. I'm waiting to see the consultant about a knee replacement but I need to start doing some exercise in the meantime as I could be waiting for a very long time before I see anyone. Todays plans are trashy tv, reading and a roast dinner 😁

I've been paid so I'll report my debt figures in a bit - I like to add up the savings accounts too even though I don't report them.

Take care all of you 😊

• Deni_debt-free_dreamer
    Options
    Morning Cranky
    that's a great debt repayment in a year well done :) I had a veggie roast yesterday and it was lovely.  Reading and trashy TV sounds like a good plan!
    love Deni
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • CRANKY40
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, 

I've been out today but no spends out of my bank account. I collected some things that the HT had ordered. I've been thinking about the NSD concept. Some days I don't need much but might need a loaf of bread say - food use is variable because I can be feeding just us two some days but some days it can be as many as five. A loaf would cost £1 but if I went to the supermarket I would probably say that I've ruined the NSD so may as well buy some other stuff. For my purposes then, I'm inventing "low spend days". These will be days when I do just buy one loaf or whatever thing that I need for a recipe but don't come home with half of Asda as well. I'm thinking less than £3 sounds OK for a low spend day? 

I've got the memory of a goldfish so keeping count here will be interesting. Todays count is NSD 1, LSD 0, FSD (food shopping day) 0. I've joined the grocery challenge on the old style board to try and keep me out of the supermarket too. I've also nearly killed myself putting the chrismas tree back in it's cupboard. My back was telling me it was time to stop so I've sat down here instead. I need to see if it'll let me go and put all the other stuff that lives in the front of the cupboard back in.

Two of us for lunch and as far as I know only two of us for dinner today as well. Dinner will be easy enough to add to if anyone else puts their face round the door at dinner time. 

Take care all of you 😊 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure