• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 1 October 2021 at 11:02AM
    Options

Cdelete 123
  • MrsStepford
    Options
    I'm still having troble getting lactose free milk in supermarkets so buying online.
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    maman said:
    Is it likely that supermarkets are limiting the range they stock? I haven't had a problem getting basic semi skimmed but the Arla BoB, that we prefer, was unavailable in both Coop and Sainsburys this week.

Sainsburys had a limited range of bread too, plenty of own brand but no Burgen. I'm wondering whether they're limiting suppliers possibly for cost reasons as well as delivery problems. 🤔
    I’m finding it hard to get BOB sometimes 
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 15,004 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    They've probably got loads of milk at the petrol station.

I'm not being facetious by saying that - it is a serious suggestion / comment.  With all the queues to get petrol, I suspect that the number of people visiting the petrol station shops as "convenience stores" is down (after all, not convenient to have to queue).  So, if you can go on foot, it might be worth a try.
  • Vegastare
    Options
    I have only just caught up on this and have to say I noticed the lack of BOB over late Aug early Sept but it's back now.....just shows how you don't panic if you don't know....but than understand how difficult it must be for those dependant on lacto
  • briskbeats
    Options
    Last night our milk delivery came in at 7pm. Colleague who put it out saying to me “that’s the delivery’ and it was one roller of 4 Semi S, one of 2 pint SS and 2 rollers of the others combined.

Already sold out of 4 pint SS at 10:40am!
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MalMonroe said:
    GaleSF63 said:
    MalMonroe said:
    GingerTim said:
    Couldn't find any skimmed in the local supermarket so ended up using Whiskas' cat milk in this morning's coffee - surprisingly decent!
    It's actually probably better for you than it is for your cat. Cats are lactose intolerant and don't need milk, except from their mothers when tiny. It's just we humans who think milk is universally good. It isn't. I just don't fancy drinking something that's not intended for humans. . . . Good thing is that cat milk has vitamins. 
    Isn't the point about cat milk that it is made suitable for cats, presumably by taking the lactose out?
    Yes but they don't need it, do they? It's just a money making venture by cat food manufacturers. And they get enough out of we cat owners as it is!! So I get a bit prickly about cat milk. It's just not necessary. So there.
    Cat's don't need a lot of things, but enjoy them anyway. Many cats do like milk and it can be a useful source of water for them. Most cats are also lactose intolerant so for owners whose cats like milk, cat milk is a decent option.
    We had a cat who adored crisps and I had a friend whose cat loved Caramac (remember that?)
  • GaleSF63
    GaleSF63 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    MalMonroe said:
    GaleSF63 said:
    MalMonroe said:
    GingerTim said:
    Couldn't find any skimmed in the local supermarket so ended up using Whiskas' cat milk in this morning's coffee - surprisingly decent!
    It's actually probably better for you than it is for your cat. Cats are lactose intolerant and don't need milk, except from their mothers when tiny. It's just we humans who think milk is universally good. It isn't. I just don't fancy drinking something that's not intended for humans. . . . Good thing is that cat milk has vitamins. 
    Isn't the point about cat milk that it is made suitable for cats, presumably by taking the lactose out?
    Yes but they don't need it, do they? It's just a money making venture by cat food manufacturers. And they get enough out of we cat owners as it is!! So I get a bit prickly about cat milk. It's just not necessary. So there.
    Cat's don't need a lot of things, but enjoy them anyway. Many cats do like milk and it can be a useful source of water for them. Most cats are also lactose intolerant so for owners whose cats like milk, cat milk is a decent option.
    We had a cat who adored crisps and I had a friend whose cat loved Caramac (remember that?)
    We had one who loved oranges. If anyone started to peel one, he was there like a shot.
    I remember Caramac - it made my tongue sore!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback