IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PCN for parking & visiting Halfords store

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Check the status of the charge on EPS's website. I suspect, if you're outside of the IAS appeal window, EPS will have shunted your case off to debt collectors - no big deal. Let us know what their website says. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • poper
    poper Posts: 40 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    Check the status of the charge on EPS's website. I suspect, if you're outside of the IAS appeal window, EPS will have shunted your case off to debt collectors - no big deal. Let us know what their website says. 
    EPS? Did you mean UKPS?
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    mksysb said:
    I believe it's owned by Wing Yip.

The Chinese food products supply company? (I've seen their trucks around here delivering to restaurants.)
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    poper said:
    Umkomaas said:
    EPS? Did you mean UKPS?
    Sorry, yes. Dealing with so many PPC initials, and the workload has increased as we are now one very important person down which will massively intensify the workload. Most of the rest of us don't often work on cases through until 3 in the morning!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• poper
    poper Posts: 40 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    Website still tells me to pay the PCN
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    poper said:
    Umkomaas said:
    Website still tells me to pay the PCN
    Just keep going then. There's no magic bullet. You have to outrun the PPC by going through all the necessary motions. 

• Kidde149
    Options
    Clearly they know that Halfords customers make this mistake so why no barriers or yellow hatchlings on that part of the site? Well we know why not...

Unfortunately it’s an IPC firm so read the thread I started last week telling people how many appeals are upheld by this disingenuous ‘appeals’ process.  You will be shocked about the perceived ‘kangaroo court’ the Trade Body runs. 

The Government are stepping in and things will change next year. Doesn’t help you but please stick around and join us in the upcoming final Consultation, about the level of parking charges. Coming soon and we need people like you because the parking industry spammed the Consultation last year, and we need the people’s voice to be heard.

This year, appeal anyway even though you know you can’t win this anti-consumer process and even though that sign offers no contract, because it doesn’t offer parking to you.  

DO NOT PAY, if and when you lose at 2nd stage appeal. 

Read my thread about the IAS and sit tight. Read other threads. Read the Newbies thread, top of the forum. 

Hi, Can you please provide me the link to the Newbies thread. I couldn't find it.
    I appealed to ias and they just said what UKPS said. I am trying to work out what I should do next.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 30 September 2021 at 11:36AM
    Options
    It is on the first page of the parking forum and is called: -
    **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    And there is a link to page one top of every page.  That's what my signature already tells every newbie.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    And this is not your thread. (Trying to help multiple people on the same thread is a nightmare). Please start your own new thread if you still need help after reading the NEWBIES. :)
    Jenni x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport