PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

how to clean the hob

Options

Comments

• OddjobKIA
    OddjobKIA Posts: 6,380 Forumite
    Options
    is it one of those ceramic ones....if so spill a liitle coke on it let it heat up for a few min then CAREFULLY wipe away with a little elbow grease..

if its one of those ring type ones Then........sorry dont have a clue
    THE SHABBY SHABBY FOUNDER
  • picklepick
    picklepick Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pennylane is right about the blade for cleaning ceramic hobs. sounds to me like you have a ceramic. they make it so much easier. im not sure where you get them from though to be honest. mine came with it when we bought it!
    What matters most is how well you walk through the fire
  • miss_corerupted
    Options
    Pennylane wrote: »

You know those kitchen sponges which are yellow on one side and green on the other, well that's all I use.

Isn't that a scourer???

Right i'm off to give it a go!!!
    I have dyslexia, so get used to my spelling and grammar :)
    Mortgage pay off date 11/2028. Target 12/2020 :rotfl:
    Current Balance £33921
    Declutter 2123/2016
  • miss_corerupted
    Options
    tried the bleach with no success so found a small paint scraper and that seems to have gotten most of it off. Can't see any scratches on top.

Just need to keep on top of it and not let it build up like that again hehe
    I have dyslexia, so get used to my spelling and grammar :)
    Mortgage pay off date 11/2028. Target 12/2020 :rotfl:
    Current Balance £33921
    Declutter 2123/2016
  • BIZZYIZZY
    Options
    Any one got any ideas for keeping my NEW hob/oven clean, I am I am, going to clean it after every use!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have hob cleaner But thought you might have some other ideas to keep it clean and streak free
  • Olliebeak
    Olliebeak Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Options
    Biggest tip, imho, is to wipe any spills immediately! Always best done while the hob is still warm and before they get 'baked on'.

Is it stainless steel - I know that people often complain that they show every little mark.
  • Confuzzled
    Confuzzled Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    hey everyone, if i had more time i'd scour the forums in search of the answer but i'm up to my eyeballs in cleaning and packing for my house move tomorrow and i don't have time so i was hoping some lovely OSers might help out

i have some really really stubborn burnt on grease around the hobs on my electric cooker. even steel wool is barely touching it and my wrists actually hurt from the effort of scrubbing

is there anything short of oven cleaner that will take it off without so much time and energy being involved? i really need to have this place spotless or they'll hire a cleaner and charge me a ridiculous amount from my deposit so any suggestions are welcomed

i'll be off to clean the bathroom instead and hope some kindhearted soul saves me! :p
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    I have a black hob and I clean it by dipping a damp brillo pad in some salt and give it a good rub
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Confuzzled wrote: »
    hey everyone, if i had more time i'd scour the forums in search of the answer but i'm up to my eyeballs in cleaning and packing for my house move tomorrow and i don't have time so i was hoping some lovely OSers might help out

As time is of the essence (and this has fallen from the front page of OS) I'll add it to the existing hob cleaning thread, if you need more ideas ;)

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • ska1982
    ska1982 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Hi! Thought I'd ask here first before I buy an expensive cleaner...

I want to clean my stainless steel hob, it has some dark stains around the rings (basically, splashes of food that have burnt on). I can't get them off witht he soft side of my sponge and some water and detergent. Anyone know how I can get rid of them?? It looks a bit messy even when I've just cleaned it.

TIA!

Sarah
    CC [STRIKE]2771[/STRIKE] 1419
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills