47 replies 4.4K views

Replies

• edited 15 June at 7:16PM
    amsquaredamsquared Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 June at 7:16PM
    It is still going to the intermediate page from the last post here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6271260/e-23-07-win-make-me-a-winner-1-free-entry-online-starts-01-06#latest if I click any of the planetradio links it takes me to the intermediate page. So it is not fixed for all external links.

It could be that the links in the latest post on that page were copied from yesterday's links I have tried again using links from the original 1st post and it works as it should. 

There may be other posts where the links have been copied while the intermediate page existed.
    Best Comp wins in last 22 years. Holidays - Hawaii, Toronto, Thailand twice, Dubai twice, Cyprus, Spain, Lake District, Glasgow and London. A couple of £1000 wins as vouchers. A Dimplex Fire. Variety of small prizes ranging from Cosmetics to weedkiller!
  • amsquaredamsquared Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Comping Rich has edited the links in today's post and it works properly again.
    Best Comp wins in last 22 years. Holidays - Hawaii, Toronto, Thailand twice, Dubai twice, Cyprus, Spain, Lake District, Glasgow and London. A couple of £1000 wins as vouchers. A Dimplex Fire. Variety of small prizes ranging from Cosmetics to weedkiller!
  • ZandermanZanderman Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where's the referral section gone?   
  • GersGers Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    And where's the Old Style board gone? I posted this morning but not can't see it on the new 'improved' and very difficult to read index.  My eyes are too old (style) for small writing!
  • GersGers Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gers said:
    And where's the Old Style board gone? I posted this morning but not can't see it on the new 'improved' and very difficult to read index.  My eyes are too old (style) for small writing!

Found it under 'Hobbies and Leisure' and not under Money Saving which is most odd as 'money saving' is in it's title.

Sometimes I despair at the logic of those who are doing the improving.  Much as I really appreciate this site and those who work for it they make it very difficult to use.
  • MSE_Ben_HMSE_Ben_H MSE Staff
    112 Posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    MSE Staff
    Hi @Gers

This was not our logic. We tested this with several random samples of Forum members and visitors. We did two levels of testing - one where we put all the names of the boards on cards and asked people to sort them into categories and name the categories.

Then, once we had an idea of what would fit into each category, we did several rounds of testing whereby we asked participants to find certain boards and analysed how successful they were, where they first clicked and how difficult they said they found it to see what improvements could be made.

We were surprised by quite a few things this study brought up. We assume people feel that Old Style MoneySaving is more of a way of life than transactional like Gaming, Music, Health, Fitness and the other things that are in the MoneySaving category. But, of course, we will continue to monitor this and listen to feedback and make changes if we need to.

Thanks,
    Ben
  • ZandermanZanderman Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MSE_Ben_H said:
    Hi @Gers

This was not our logic. We tested this with several random samples of Forum members and visitors. We did two levels of testing - one where we put all the names of the boards on cards and asked people to sort them into categories and name the categories.

Then, once we had an idea of what would fit into each category, we did several rounds of testing whereby we asked participants to find certain boards and analysed how successful they were, where they first clicked and how difficult they said they found it to see what improvements could be made.

We were surprised by quite a few things this study brought up. We assume people feel that Old Style MoneySaving is more of a way of life than transactional like Gaming, Music, Health, Fitness and the other things that are in the MoneySaving category. But, of course, we will continue to monitor this and listen to feedback and make changes if we need to.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Where did referrals end up?

It's a tricky board I'd admit, with some misuse now and then, but it's popular and remunerative for many, so I hope you haven't binned it.

• edited 16 June at 9:43AM
    BacmanBacman Forumite
    422 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    edited 16 June at 9:43AM
    They do seem to have binned referrals. WHY?

I had a link to that forum section as it was handy to save money when signing up for services, however that link now is dead. MSE is about "money saving" which is why there should be a referral section for sign-up codes, as there was; it helps members and those who post them potentially too; community help.

The rules where before that referral codes had to be in that forum section only; if that section has been removed now, any reason we shouldn't use our signatures for codes or add sign-up codes directly in forum threads as appropriate (not to spam it but where suitable)? In the circumstances it would be a bit off to be banned on the site when the reason for it was due to the removal of the referral facility!
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The existing forum rules already state no referrals in your signature or in the main part of the forum. 

That's always been the case , regardless of the removal of the referral section
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals