Please read: Forum announcement

in Site Feedback
47 replies 4.4K views

Replies

• RahvenRahven Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Ben, it's fixed for me on new threads I open.

You say that you'd not anticipated it affecting the forum just yet. Does that mean this will be introduced at some point in the future? If so will it be in the form that we experienced this morning or might there be opt-outs etc?
    Keep up to date with news on improving the comps forum here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6204908
  • BluluBlulu Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shame - I liked it.

Just kidding!!!!

Blu XXX
    {{{{{ Imagine ALL the people sharing ALL the world }}}}}
  • RahvenRahven Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MSE_Ben_H said:
    Rahven said:

You say that you'd not anticipated it affecting the forum just yet. Does that mean this will be introduced at some point in the future? If so will it be in the form that we experienced this morning or might there be opt-outs etc?
    No, it's not. It was just human error. Our platform partners had built in a toggle to turn it off and usually features like this are turned off by default. This time it was on by default and we had just not turned it off.

We don't have any plans to turn it back on.
    Brilliant, thank you
    Keep up to date with news on improving the comps forum here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6204908
  • J_BJ_B Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MSE_Ben_H said:
     If you see it again, please let us know, reporting issues via [email protected] That way, the team is directly notified and we can investigate and solve issues much quicker than raising them through discussion on the Forum.

Although I sort of understand your train of thought, isn't it easier to report here rather than getting the same email from several people about the same issue???
  • MSE_Laura_FMSE_Laura_F MSE Staff
    164 Posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    MSE Staff
    J_B said:
    MSE_Ben_H said:
     If you see it again, please let us know, reporting issues via [email protected] That way, the team is directly notified and we can investigate and solve issues much quicker than raising them through discussion on the Forum.

Although I sort of understand your train of thought, isn't it easier to report here rather than getting the same email from several people about the same issue???
    Hello J_B,

Thanks for this. The Forum Team mailbox is monitored throughout working hours, whereas unfortunately we can't check every new post on the Forum (it would be close to impossible!) so we ask that all feedback and reports are sent to [email protected]

Thanks and best wishes,

MSE Laura F
  • thingamaBobthingamaBob Forumite
    21.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J_B said:
    MSE_Ben_H said:

Hello J_B,

Thanks for this. The Forum Team mailbox is monitored throughout working hours, whereas unfortunately we can't check every new post on the Forum (it would be close to impossible!) so we ask that all feedback and reports are sent to [email protected]

Thanks and best wishes,

MSE Laura F
    Two birds with one stone?
    Post a thread here so everyone knows it is reported and then "Report" the thread yourself using the Report button with a quick note of explanation.

• spendaholicspendaholic Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    MSE_Ben_H said:
    This was a platform update that we hadn't anticipated affecting us just yet but we have now removed. If you see it again, please let us know, reporting issues via [email protected] That way, the team is directly notified and we can investigate and solve issues much quicker than raising them through discussion on the Forum.
    Thanks, Ben. That's useful to know. 😁

Going forward, and with another upgrade imminent, how will we know if it's a reportable issue rather than a new feature? Or should we simply report everything we see that looks off? 😇

spendy/she/her
    Highest debt: £35k (2005); Current debt: < £2k (2021)
    MY WINS
    £3,541 CASH; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
  • spendaholicspendaholic Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Great, Ben. Thank you!
    spendy/she/her
    Highest debt: £35k (2005); Current debt: < £2k (2021)
    MY WINS
    £3,541 CASH; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals