The Next Phase

Options

Comments

• Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    Westlife tickets were £55 in may 2019 , same seats Nov 22 , £107 each , my DD loves them but even she thinks it's a rip off . 
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,492 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If the theatres are trying to recoup lost income from the pandemic it’s not the best way to go about it. It’s going to just put people off going. 
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    Back from friends , all it has done is rain all day. Just watched the Tindler Swindler on Netflix , very eye opening . 

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,617 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So cute of DGD  :)
    Memories to treasure.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    Your granddaughter with her bag packed. 🥰 They obviously love their granny very much. 

I started watching the Tinder Swindler last night. When the husband came home from work, I grovelled an apology for chastising him for wanting to put the car service on the new credit card. He’s a good boy, such a good boy. 
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I love it that your DGD had packed her bag!  Very practical of her!🤣
    I watched The Tinder Swindler - quite engrossing!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That’s classic from your DGD packing her bag! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    The work week has been very good so far. I have chosen to spend two days in work this week and two at home , mostly to support a friend who has been struggling with the demands of her job at the minute . Doing the same next week then things will ease off for her . 
    Had our monthly catch up lunch with my boss today , he pays 😀. Very blessed with my manager I must say. 
    Mum and dad have been doing legal things today with their solicitor and mum said she had a headache when she came out ! 
    Managed 2 NSD this week so far. 

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,626 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope your mum and dad have sorted everything they needed to, and can relax knowing it’s done now.
    Your boss sounds brilliant. One place I worked we got dinner with our boss once a year for an appraisal but by the time she had finished talking could never enjoy it…..😂😂😂 was supposed to be a chance for us to talk 😂😂😂 always turned out her telling us the changes for the following nursery year and which children we had. 
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,492 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I’ve been mostly lucky with my managers, they never bother me and just leave me to get on with my job. On the minus side they have been tricky to get hold of when you need them. 
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure