We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Three year fixed 1.05 - Oxbury Bank

Options
Not one for me and certainly not recommending but heres the info I've just received.

Looks like it would be close to the top of any non Sharia table.

https://www.oxbury.com/product-summary-personal-3-year-bond-bap001

Comments

• happybagger
    Options
    For those that might skip over all the details in a rapid read, a phone app will be required.
  • SallySunshine
    Options
    I posted this thread last week, checked it out. Opened a 3yr fixed rate account no problem.
    minimum deposit is £1000 for either available account.
    yes they do ask you to download their app, but it really is only for extra security.
    The iPhone I have is not suitable, rang them up and was told it wasn’t really that necessary. I do all my banking on my Mac.
    at the moment they do not have joint accounts, so opened another for my husband.

• veryintrigued
    Options
    I posted this thread last week, checked it out. Opened a 3yr fixed rate account no problem.
    minimum deposit is £1000 for either available account.
    yes they do ask you to download their app, but it really is only for extra security.
    The iPhone I have is not suitable, rang them up and was told it wasn’t really that necessary. I do all my banking on my Mac.
    at the moment they do not have joint accounts, so opened another for my husband.

So you did.

Apologies I missed this thread.

Pasted below
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    Options
    These really are sad times when a three year fix is considered attractive by some for returns of just 1.05%

That said, at the moment, I cannot see any rapid return within the next two years to rates much above this mark!
  • lozzy1965
    Options
    These really are sad times when a three year fix is considered attractive by some for returns of just 1.05%

That said, at the moment, I cannot see any rapid return within the next two years to rates much above this mark!
    Not intending to hijack the thread and go off subject here but the important figure is the return rate in relation to inflation.  A high return is not necessarily better if inflation is even higher.  We're currently around 0.5% after a quick google.
  • SallySunshine
    Options
    Trying to hedge my bets really, have a 3yr NS&I bonk finishing in early April, then NS&I Certificate 5yr inflation one finishing in July.  
    Who knows what, if anything, will be in their pipeline by then. Government bonds similar to War Bonds?

• SallySunshine
    Options
    Thats made my day !!!!!!!
  • Notnewnotold
    Options
    .... a 3yr bonk finishing in early April...

You'll definitely be ready for a rest after that!!
    Well people have been commenting recently about how long NS&I take to get the job done...
  • SallySunshine
    Options
    I'll never live this down, still chuckling about it!
    That'll teach me to read thoroughly through anything I type before posting. :blush:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure