PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily FRIDAY 7th Dec 07

Options

Comments

• Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    mioliere - the last posting date for Oz is today although they usually get there if you're a little late anyway. I posted my brothers (Perth) and a friends (Melbourne) on Wednesday :grin:
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AussieLass wrote: »
    Taplady How awful for all your family. But thank God your DS is ok. Just take it easy today. Didn't your son have an accident in his car a few weeks ago? Or was that someone else. :confused:

It was him. I am in a bit of shock I think today - very tearful. The stress of the last 2 weeks has been dreadful and I just cant cope with anymore bad news. I hope he never wants another car again. I am keeping a close eye on him, he's in bed - cant move as he is so stiff and bruised. we're off to the police station - again:rolleyes: - with his documents. I feel like a wreck ATM - my IBS is playing us - I spent half of the night in the toilet:eek:
    ATM opposite our house the family is just about to bury their 27 year old son who died in an accident at work. have just seen the hearse full of flowers. It just makes you think what could have happened.

Thanks to you all for your kind thoughts,. It means sch a lot to me.xxx
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Churchmouse
    Churchmouse Posts: 3,004 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning:D

It's taken ages this morning because:

my head WAS welded to the pillow for quite a while:o :p

a friend sent me a link to her online photo album, and I have my priorities right and had to have a good nose through;) :D

the thread is now VERY long:rolleyes:

it is DS3's birthday and I had to pay him some attention. Yes I got the day right, I knew I had, I remember being there when he was born.:p :D

Thanks for the Birthday wishes for him! PenPen, the cake hasn't been touched yet, despite him thinking it would make a great breakfast:rotfl:

I had a lovely evening yesterday, hence the head/pillow welding this morning:rotfl: But it sounds as if Aussie's wine is way more potent than what I drank:p My reputation is intact:A

Mioliere was it you that wanted posting dates? It's today for Australia and Monday for USA/Canada. Don't know European one.

taplady, so sorry, how terrible (((((hugs))))) Thank goodness it wasn't worse.

Well I really should go do some housework, but i haven't read the end of yesterday's thread yet, and I bet there are some other interesting ones to read, so another coffee methinks:D :D (Doesn't the mum get the same birthday privileges as the child:confused::D )

CM x
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

taplady, Thank goodness your ds is ok, it must have really shaken you all. It does sound as though you're in shock. Take care of yourself. ((Hugs))
    Jannyannie, cheerfulness, thriftmonster, crazychick and Mr Penny-Pincher, I hope you feel better soon.
    scuzz, I hope your friend is ok.
    dlb, I’m glad that dd doesn’t have the chicken pox and will still get to play Mary.
    thriftlady, I’m another one who leaves IOU’s in the moneyboxes.
    Pipkin, Thanks for posting the biscuit recipes, I think I’ll give them a go this weekend.
    JenniO, your tree with homemade ornaments sounds lovely.
    Pen Pen, we love reading your posts! And let’s face it, I can write drivel for Ireland.
    catowen,((hugs)) I really hope things pick up for you soon.
    Churchmouse, Happy Birthday to your ds. Are you still [STRIKE]hung-over[/STRIKE] not up yet?

I did intend to post earlier, but have been delayed by my dear sister chattering away on the phone. Don’t get me wrong, I love her phone calls…but I’m beginning to wonder if she’s losing the plot. She called me back again so that I could listen to her cat. :rolleyes: Apparently it was singing. :confused: Sounded more like growling to me. So thanks to Haribo I’ve only managed to make the beds, do the dishes and put the breadmaker on this morning.

Anyway, it’s a lovely bright morning here so I’m off out shortly to do some Christmas shopping. There’s a Christmas market in Belfast that I’d love to go to but I really cant face the city traffic and parking, so I think I’ll pass on that and maybe persuade Mr Pink to take me in there this evening. So tea tonight will be a quick affair…fish, salad and baked potatoes.

Right, better get my skates on…

Have a good day.

Pink
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Taplady

So sorry about your son's accident but glad it was not worse IYKWIM!

Have spent most of the morning tring to phone solicitors and estate agents re the sale of my Dad's flat as it looks as if it is going pear shaped. Have been told by the buyers that if it does not get sorted in the next week or so they will pull out!

Going to the solicitor on Monday to sign docs as I am not trusting them to the post at this time of year!

DD(13) now has dental brace so got a couple of special things for her to eat and might make spicy mince tonight as it is quick.

DD has school trip next week and needs a swimsuit - as she is size 6 that shoud be fun to track down!!!

Oldest DD is still waiting to hear when her new job starts but as it is in Oxford I am in no rush to see her go. Her temp job have offered her a permanent trainee managerial position so that is quite flattering!

Have put four loads of washing out on the line and scrubbed the loo - need to clean the rest of the bathroom but scared I miss a phone call.

The computer is next to the phone so I am "obliged" to be on here! lol!

Hugs to everybody.

Either my keyboard is crazy or I am as letters either do not type or I get a crazy sttttttuterrrrrrr!

That was no deliberate BTW!
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all
    Not caught up with thread yet hope everyone is OK I am suffering big time here at work went to see Take That at the O2 last night with my DDs they were brilliant but it is catching up with me today getting to old for all this! will catch up later hopefully
    Frugal challenge 2024

• thriftmonster
    Options
    Taplady - thinking of you (((((hugs))))))) - just glad he's all in one piece.

Pink - don't worry about missing the Christmas market - half of it is food stalls to eat there and then and the rest is REALLY expensive for what it is....Although it is nice and Christmassy to look at - and the salami man is good, although last year he did 10 for £10 and this year it's 8 for £10 - some inflation, huh!
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Taplady hope your son recovers soon and that you feel better soon(((((((hugs))))))))
    pam xx
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all

Taplady - sorry to hear about your sons accident - hope he's up and about soon.

Haribo - I had a rant like that at the weekend - sometimes they just need a reminder. Didn't last long though as DD1's room is covered in scraps of paper, underwear, shoes, snotty tissues and school books, I'm convinced they just don't see it.

Cat - Sorry to hear about LO being off again - hope the money situation improves for you soon, perhaps a phone call to one of the NCMA advisors might help - perhaps they can put you in touch with some more work or advise on any grants etc you could get for now. Hope the visit with your Mum goes well.

Well I've been to Mr T's and used a load of vouchers, saved £37.50 this week which was a big help. I've got all the catering to do for my parents ruby wedding party next weekend, annoyingly though, what started as just a few people is slowly growing as she keeps inviting people. I even got a phone call during the week to ask if maybe I could organise a pass the parcel for all the kids and some other games with prizes! Anyway - just need some fresh salady bits at the last minute and a couple of chickens to roast and I'll be done - apart from cooking it all that is which will be saturdays job,

Got the last of my pressies wrapped yesterday, just waiting to put the tree up tomorrow and I'll start to feel a bit more christmassy.....got some nibblybits to eat tomorrow evening with some chestnuts to roast whilst the tree goes up - lots of loud christmas music and a bottle of cava with cranberry juice in - bit of a tradition in our house but it's all part of the build up.

WM just finished so best go sort that out and make some lunch.

Hope you all have a fab weekend.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Taplady hope DS is not too shaken up how awful for him and for you too sending you a special hug
    Pooky wish I was organised as you need to go out again this weekend to finish xmas shopping was hoping to avoid shops but both DDs have asked for a jumper from Top shop and it is not available online Canterbury here I come
    Elona my DD15 has a brace too and for the first couple of weeks was givng her soft food but she is fine with everything now
    Churchmouse happy birthday for DS3
    hugs to anyone else needing one
    Frugal challenge 2024

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills