Time to start a fresh.

Options

Comments

• BlueJ94
    BlueJ94 Posts: 2,551 Ambassador
    First Anniversary I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks both! I even treated myself to some new clothes! :lol:
     I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Debt owed;
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news  :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    hey, just catching up, great that the money finally come through well done on paying off barclaycard and seeing of another debt, think car fix and a tattoo is a great plan for the money too
  • BlueJ94
    Options
    Needles71 said:
    Can I ask, if you are trying to save money then why are you wasting money on a tattoo? 
    I'm not wasting the money on a tattoo. It's a memorial piece for a pet that recently died. I want to be able to use some of the money for something I personally want and not spend all the money on the debt. 
     I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Debt owed;
  • Legs21
    Legs21 Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Jade, have been cheering you on from the sidelines. Well done for getting rid of Barclaycard. Hopefully this will spur you on to get the rest of the debts paid off with the Sainsbob money. Keep it up, you’re doing great 👍 
    MFW 2022 #71  £4400/£4400
  • gymgirl11
    gymgirl11 Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done on paying the Barclaycard off :) 

You could, if you wanted to throw a tiny bit more money at the debt, round all your payments back down to a 0 at the end. If you pay £3.48 off the Aqua, £9 off the fluid and £9 off the Vanquis it makes all your cards nice and round. I think (thank you calculator) it works out at £21.48 so it could be something that is achievable before you throw any of your Sainsbugs money at the debt :) 
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,645 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done on clearing the Barclaycard.  As I recall you have arrangements for the other debts and they are all at 0%?  How much do you pay each month if you do not overpay? 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • BlueJ94
    Options
    gymgirl11 said:
    Well done on paying the Barclaycard off :) 

You could, if you wanted to throw a tiny bit more money at the debt, round all your payments back down to a 0 at the end. If you pay £3.48 off the Aqua, £9 off the fluid and £9 off the Vanquis it makes all your cards nice and round. I think (thank you calculator) it works out at £21.48 so it could be something that is achievable before you throw any of your Sainsbugs money at the debt :) 
    Good idea! I did previously do this so will have a look at doing it again! 

Debt owed;
  • BlueJ94
    Options
    Well done on clearing the Barclaycard.  As I recall you have arrangements for the other debts and they are all at 0%?  How much do you pay each month if you do not overpay? 
    Yes that's right, most of the debts in paying £15, Vanquis is £30 and Likely Loans is also £30PM and 118 is £20.

Debt owed;
  • BlueJ94
    Options
    Evening all, 

So I worked until 10 again today at Sainsburys then went to asda to do a food shop nearer to home. I was feeling sleepy at 4pm so took a nap, I only woke up at 9.30PM :lol: oops! But OH made me some food and I'm going to have a cuppa and hope I get some sleep this evening! :neutral: on the plus side I'm not with Sainsburys tomorrow morning so don't need to get up at 3am!

Debt owed;
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure