365 Day 1p Challenge 2021

Comments

• jo41
    jo41 Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good morning all,
    17p in the jar for me today 😊
    I haven’t got plans for this money...yet!
  • jo41
    jo41 Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good morning all,
    I didn’t post yesterday but still added 18p to the jar yesterday and 19p today!
    I’m planning on posting my weekly total every Saturday. 
    As I get paid on Friday I intend to put in some of the larger amounts from next week 😊
    Have a lovely day everyone!
  • Brilliant - I would SO like to join! Thanks 
  • Wee jinty .I tried this about eight years ago .I was moving house and started saving up in those tin banks .I put one pound in evry day .when I got my pension I emptied my purse of all the change I went to bingo three times a week spending money I couldn’t afford .the first yr I saved 1.200 .pounds next year I started with £2 00 coins I bought twenty pounds a week I was not going to bingo my house got renovated three years later .I had always been spend thrift ran up credit cards .bought cooker fridge washing machine carpets in the four years since I started saving.I bought one of those banks that totalled up the money for you .I stopped buying rubbish I didn’t need biscuits cakes multi pack sweets .I the first time I counted my £2.00 coins I had over £2.000 pounds saved I have fought the saving bug I till put one pond coins and two pound coins still empty my purse evry pension day .I paid of my credit cards and if I needed anything new for house and bought interest free credit .I’m now debt free started going on holiday for a week about the second year I must have been spending nearly all my money in bingo .I now can go out and buy what I need empty my banks evry year and reckon I’ve saved about £8.000 pounds once I see the bank getting heavier I’ll ask others in family to save £2 .00 coins .it’s one of the best feelings ever knowing I’ve achieved this I’m lucky I can afford to save pound coins and two pound coins .but even all my loose change out my purse buys stamps and Christmas presents .I’ve went from overspending to saving ive still got good life style not married maybe that helps no man to keep asking for money .I’m saving up now for Australian holiday which will be four or five thousand it’s changed my life for the better it’s a great feeling no debt honestly if I can do it any one can even fifty p a day mounts up and all the twenty pence and ten pence .I never in my life thought I’d be able to do this I don’t miss the bingo in summer me and friends go on a bus trip with bus pass free take a packed lunch and go in for our dinner and refreshment life is good now .no money worries makes a big differance .
  • £1.16 in the jar yesterday 😀 struggling with change as not spending cash generally but made the effort to get cash out to pay for DGD comic and treat. Also got a£2 coin which is potted separately as well😀
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2021 no 50 Target for this year £12,000 
    Pay all your debt off by Xmas 2022 target £15,000 pd £7969.95 / 15,000
    SPC 2022/23 014
    Pay all of your debt off by XMAS 2023
     #no 28 target £11,200.00

• Can I join the challenge please? The name is Damekaren. Tried to do it last year but Covid made it difficult as I literally ran out of hard cash to put in the jar. Think I'll do it electronically this year into a savings pot.
  • Hello. Please add me to the list. I think this is a great concept especially for one such as myself who has never been a saver. 
    I started on the first of January. I am old school putting coins into a jar. 
  • I think this is a fantastic way to save. I've been doing it for a few years now, but I put aside the money in one go each month. I treat it like a bill.
    Additionally if I have a month with more outgoings I may not save that particular month. I might instead pick a month with a smaller amount. And the same goes for if my wages are higher one month I'll pick one of the higher amounts to save that month.
    It's so easy to do, and in the last four years I've easily saved over £2,400
    Something that I will continue to do for many years yet.
  • Morning - just seen this and definitely going to join.  I used to put all loose change in a can as I accumulated too much and have two £20 coin bags waiting to go to the bank which have been sitting there since last March, plus other coins not yet up to a bag total.  As I do not go anywhere to use cash, this stopped, but having read about the challenge I have decided to use an old BS account with a few quid in it to save into.  Not sure if I can transfer pennies but will do it as can.   

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback