71 replies 14K views

Replies

• edited 6 January at 8:28AM
    KxMxKxMx Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 January at 8:28AM
    You stand on a towel and use a face cloth, which doesn't have to be sopping wet. 

I shower and hair wash every other day. Baths after exercise classes (usually 2 per week).

In the summer I do shower once a day as am a heavy sweater. 

Not able to turn off while soaping as it's too old & temperamental to cope! 
  • pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    29.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every other day in this cold weather. I try to make my hair last four days now. 
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • FrogletinaFrogletina Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I shower and wash my hair about once every 3 days since lockdown rather than showering every day with my hair washed every other day.

I'm also saving on clothes washing too as it's only when I go out that I get fully dressed. If it wasn't for the fact that I live in an apartment and have to get the post from the ground floor, I'd probably never get out of my dressing gown.
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 #441 £1567.31 SPC 9 #441 £1014.64 SPC 10 #441 £1164.13 SPC 11 #441 £1598.15 SPC 12 #63 £994.67 SPC 13 #63 £962.54 SPC 14 #4⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • silvercarsilvercar Forumite, Board Guide
    42.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I shower and wash my hair about once every 3 days since lockdown rather than showering every day with my hair washed every other day.

I'm also saving on clothes washing too as it's only when I go out that I get fully dressed. If it wasn't for the fact that I live in an apartment and have to get the post from the ground floor, I'd probably never get out of my dressing gown.
    The challenge would be to leave your post to collect every other day, or pop down in your PJs to get the post. If you must you could put a coat on over your PJs just to get the post.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    10.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm the same, I've even popped to the garden in my dressing gown and grabbed a replacement bin from the council when they were delivering it.

The postie stopped apologising for waking me up after a few weeks when he realised my dressing gown is my comfy outfit in the flat.

Delivery people don't bat an eyelid, so I expect I'm not the only one in nightwear and slippers 😁

I've even treated myself to summer dressing gown.
  • SnugglesSnuggles Forumite
    916 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    KxMx said:
    You stand on a towel and use a face cloth, which doesn't have to be sopping wet. 

Thanks. It's maybe something I should try rather than showering daily as I have dry skin. I just can't imagine feeling properly clean if I don't have lots of water and a good lather of soap!
  • ArchergirlArchergirl Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    My mum used to say FFF face, f***y feet lol....
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    10.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Snuggles I started using baby shampoo about 4 months ago and it made a huge difference to my skin.

Normally I could sit watching TV and shred my face, arms etc as it was that dry / itchy, drawing blood and leaving a mess for weeks after. I've branched out and got top to toe baby wash and baby soap. For the first time in my life I'm not walking around with scratches and scabs. 

Saves loads of money each month as before I was spending £10 just on shampoo.
  • edited 6 January at 7:53PM
    sammyjammysammyjammy Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 January at 7:53PM
    My mum is a habitual shower/bath twice a day woman, over the years her skin has become so sensitive but it hasn't stopped her, I'm not sure she could cut back if she tried, I've definitely taken less showers and baths since lockdown, I live alone, work from home and only leave the house for food shopping,   Water is really drying on the skin and we could all learn to use alot less of it for the environment.  As a country we are generally so wasteful of water and I always think of those who have dirty water from a bucket!  I've even started using it as an excuse to only wash up when the bowl is full  :D
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • ouraggieouraggie Forumite
    213 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭
    Would love to not need to shower every morning but most nights I suffer major hot flushes and end up wringing wet several times. I so look forward to that lukewarm shower when I get up. When they stop, I'm with you doing the 3 Fs. 😊